UNI names its starting QB for next week

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
ISU defense should suffocate UNI.

This.

I don't care how big UNI's line is, it won't be near as good as some of the lines Lima and company faced last year.

This game comes down to a question of our offense being serviceable. If we have fewer turnovers and 150 or more yards on the ground, game over. Farley has won this game against us in the past but with better defenses (and worse offenses for us).

Oh, and as far as turnovers go - 13 and 14 yard punts count as turnovers. Don't need to see any of those this year.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone and g4ce

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
honestly ..... I'm expecting a special teams TD in this game.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
These are the kinds of games I feel so much better going into with CMC vs CPR.

Can you imagine the ass-chewing Campbell must have given the entire team after UNI and after Iowa his first year? There have always been hints about it being pretty epic.

Reactions: isutrevman

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
This has always been a bellwether game for ISU. If it's close or, god forbid, a loss we are always in for a long year. When ISU is good we dominate this game.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I just hope it goes better than our last fcs opponent match vs Drake. I mean a wins a win, but please don't embarrass yourselves

• Creative
Reactions: CyDude16

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Our defense will be good, but I'm sure they'll be some growing pains/adjustments getting used to game speed. Excited to see what they can do. My guess is we're not going to force anything and leave the playbook tight lipped until Iowa.

Nuts4Cy

Mar 21, 2006
I used to have a “birdie” that was very close to one of the members of CMC staff. The coach has since moved on. However, from what I understand, at that time he had never felt such disgust with himself or a football team in general. Certain players, who needed it, where ridden into the freakin ground. I don’t think I would want to be on the receiving end of some the hellashish ass chewing that took place but sometimes you just gotta do it.

So... Bryan Gasser?

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Offensively, UNI has an All American TE in Briley Moore. Good speed, physical, probably an NFL guy. Lots of long receivers led by Jaylin James, Isaiah Weston, Jalen Rima and Logan Wolf. Very good slot guy in Deion McShane that would have been a P5 guy if he wasn't 5-6 160.

Offensive Line is huge-
LT- Matthew VanderSlice 6-8 290 Soph
LG- Jackson Scott-Brown 6-4 320 Sr (Will be drafted)
C- Mason Neisen 6-5 340 Soph
RG- Nick Ellis 6-4 325 Jr
RT- Spencer Brown 6-9 320 Jr

Running back is the question mark. Trevor Allen is the only one with any real experience. Alphonso Soko, Tyler Hoosman and Minnesota transfer Nick McCabe may/should also get touches.

Defensively, two very good tackles in Tim Butcher and Jared Brinkman. Elerson Smith is a pass rusher that will start at one end, the other end will be by committee.

Linebackers are inexperienced. All American Chris Kolarevic has missed all of camp with a foot injury and I don't expect him to play. They'll start Jr Alfonso Lambert, JUCO Spencer Cuvelier and Soph Bryce Flater.

Secondary anchored by All American corner Xavior Williams. Looks like it'll be True Freshman Omar Brown at the other corner. Not sure what the plan is at safety. Lots of different guys there. We'll see.

This is probably your typical 8 or 9 win Mark Farley team that will be real physical, good defensively and won't beat themselves.

Quick update to this. UNI is going to go with Sophomore Trevor Penning at LT instead. They got bigger there. Penning is 6-8 321.

• Informative
Reactions: isutrevman