UNI names its starting QB for next week

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Gonna be more like Will McINPAIN next week!

giphy.gif

Last edited:

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Real good athlete. A bit under sized (5-11 200ish). Strong kid.

For Farley to actually name a starter when he's had a competition going on is VERY unusual for him, must have won the job by leaps and bounds.

Only kid in the history of 4A football in Iowa to throw for 2000 and run for 1000 in the same season.

Probably only keeping the seat warm for true frosh Justin Fomby in the long run but he he'll be just fine.

FUN FACT: He was all set to go to Iowa State as a preferred walk on until UNI came with a scholarship.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
For Farley to actually name a starter when he's had a competition going on is VERY unusual for him, must have won the job by leaps and bounds.

I may be mistaken, but eventually somebody has to "start".

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
That kind of surprises me. Out of these QBs at UNI, which one would you think would be their starter?

AR-190819795.jpg&MaxH=500&MaxW=900

But as we all know very well at ISU.... size isn't everything. Purdy isn't much bigger at all.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
You know it wasn't that long ago a new QB or QB off the bench would kill us.

That's only mid-game. And if you didn't notice, we've had a ton of success throwing out a new QB as well. Go ahead and look back at the last 10 years of say new ISU QBs are like 10-1 when not expecting to start. Jantz, Barnett, Richardson, Rohach, Lanning, Kempt, Purdy...

WTS, unless this kid doesn't start Saturday, this situation doesn't apply

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
simple jack lookin ass

Really?

He's just a local kid in college doing the best he can, and we have to resort to name calling? I'll never understand that. FWIW.... I also don't understand all the making fun of Stanley for is size either. These are just college kids doing the best they can, and most of them are also top notch people too that are doing more than most of us as far as charity work, etc on top of being full time students and playing a sport at the college level. Most are really good kids.

I only posted the pic because he doesn't fit your prototypical profile of a starting college QB, whereas some of the others in the pic do. But as I said, the same could be said of Purdy too.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
This kid may start but other QB's will play...When UNI is breaking in new QB's Farley always plays at least a couple QB's to see what they can do..

I anticipate this kid scrambling quite a bit..He can run and can be one of those pesky short QB's.

Wts, I'd worry more if we were playing JMU or NDSU or the like...I still think we would win those but they would be fairly close..When you start getting outside the TOp 10 in FCS there tends to be a much bigger drop off.

I don't think the -18.5 is that crazy. Minnesota is -13.5 vs SDSU. SDSU would have no issue beating UNI and MInnesota is going to have a fairly salty team this year IMO.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Real good athlete. A bit under sized (5-11 200ish). Strong kid.

Only kid in the history of 4A football in Iowa to throw for 2000 and run for 1000 in the same season.

Probably only keeping the seat warm for true frosh Justin Fomby in the long run but he he'll be just fine.

FUN FACT: He was all set to go to Iowa State as a preferred walk on until UNI came with a scholarship.

Where did he go to high school?

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
This kid may start but other QB's will play...When UNI is breaking in new QB's Farley always plays at least a couple QB's to see what they can do..

I anticipate this kid scrambling quite a bit..He can run and can be one of those pesky short QB's.

Wts, I'd worry more if we were playing JMU or NDSU or the like...I still think we would win those but they would be fairly close..When you start getting outside the TOp 10 in FCS there tends to be a much bigger drop off.

I don't think the -18.5 is that crazy. Minnesota is -13.5 vs SDSU. SDSU would have no issue beating UNI and MInnesota is going to have a fairly salty team this year IMO.

UNI has won 2 of the last 3 against SDSU and beat them 24-9 last year in a game that wasn't that close.

I think 18.5 is about right and wouldn't touch that line either way. This one screams 31-13 or something very similar.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron