Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Listening to the FART and hearing Woody freak out that Jared has never been to the fair is the yearly reminder that especially DSM area peeps think the state revolves around there and everyone does what they do.

I haven't been in probably close to two decades and my wife has never been. I would bet a significant percentage of the state is the same way.
I lived in Iowa for 21 years and never went to the state fair.

Reactions: wxman1

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Asbestos update: We are getting moved and until that happens have been told not to work at our desks anymore. So I guess I am squatting in this focus room for a few days.
Be sure to sit with your back to the camera.

Last edited:

Ms3r4ISU

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Go to Byerly's the deli section manager/helpers can set you up with a nice cheese, crackers and fruit spread, preselect your wines and let them do the pairings and portioning. Go to Menards and get some of those granules to throw down on your yard to get rid of the skeeters. Dollar store has cheap glasses assuming you want to stay with glass and not go plastic. They will also have your plates, plastic silverware and napkins. If you want to go themed go to a party store and pick a theme.
And send lots of pics! ‘Cause ...

Reactions: NWICY

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Went to Toronto a few weeks ago and I tell you what, if it didn’t get so cold there, I’d totally live there. Awesome city. Also, didn’t realize it’s actually further south than Minneapolis.

• Informative
Reactions: cowgirl836

Ms3r4ISU

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Listening to the FART and hearing Woody freak out that Jared has never been to the fair is the yearly reminder that especially DSM area peeps think the state revolves around there and everyone does what they do.

I haven't been in probably close to two decades and my wife has never been. I would bet a significant percentage of the state is the same way.
I am there right now working in the 4-H Building and will be here the duration of the fair. Not all hours, all days, but everyday. Different likes for different folks. I also like the Craft Beer tent and viewing all the fine arts and photography entries in the Cultural Center. Walk through the barns and say hi to people I know. People watching is an absolute blast anywhere on the grounds.
It doesn’t bother me a bit that some people don’t care for it. Doesn’t lessen my enjoyment.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Went to Toronto a few weeks ago and I tell you what, if it didn’t get so cold there, I’d totally live there. Awesome city. Also, didn’t realize it’s actually further south than Minneapolis.
Did you get a chance to check out Niagara Falls while in Toronto?

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I am there right now working in the 4-H Building and will be here the duration of the fair. Not all hours, all days, but everyday. Different likes for different folks. I also like the Craft Beer tent and viewing all the fine arts and photography entries in the Cultural Center. Walk through the barns and say hi to people I know. People watching is an absolute blast anywhere on the grounds.
It doesn’t bother me a bit that some people don’t care for it. Doesn’t lessen my enjoyment.

Totally. I wouldn't mind going but it can get pricey and time consuming when you don't live right there. My mom used to take us in like elementary school for a day as a last big thing before school starts and we would leave by 7 or so and not get home until 9ish. That's a long day with kids and four of those hours were driving.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

For work or just for fun?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Two weeks until my daughter moves to college. I'm not sure about this whole college thing. What's so wrong with going to Rasmussen College and having your brother drop you off on his way to high school?

She's going to Drake isn't she? Nice campus I'm guessing she'll like it. Plus if you come to Ames for FB she'll have a place to tailgate (At least eat food she'll probably be in the student lots the rest of the time;))

Reactions: jcyclonee

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
It was a work event so I didn’t get to explore too much. We did dinner at the fancy restaurant at the top of the CN Tower, the spinning restaurant? That was pretty cool.
Too bad, I know how that goes. Been to Brea, Ca twice for work and still never saw the Pacific Ocean.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
All I have done is chase fires and sit on conference calls all day
Turned out the second fire of the day was tied to the first fire of the day. Two separate systems that do business together so the link went down when they crashed that first system.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
@BCClone - Are you still considering a trip to Duluth? We just got back and I feel more edumacated about it. The thing I didn't realize would be so spectacular were the ships leaving and entering the harbor. We were by the harbor canal one night. A 750 foot ship left and a half hour later a 1004 foot ship came in. That's a big boat.

Reactions: wxman1

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
@BCClone - Are you still considering a trip to Duluth? We just got back and I feel more edumacated about it. The thing I didn't realize would be so spectacular were the ships leaving and entering the harbor. We were by the harbor canal one night. A 750 foot ship left and a half hour later a 1004 foot ship came in. That's a big boat.

Not considering a trip there anymore........we were there last week.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I need to be a contestant on Love Island. A bunch of attractive women sleeping around. I could handle that for a week or two.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron