RECRUITING INSIDER: Rasir Bolton decision coming soon (commits!)

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I take it as a general rule that you can't judge a recruiting period, until the end of that period.

It's still spring.

And you really can't judge it until the season, and can't judge a season until it's done.

Last season is a good example. Rollercoaster team all season that peaked in the Big 12 tourney then fell back to average 6 days later.

• Winner
Reactions: cyhiphopp

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I have never seen video of the Penn State time-out shove, but I remember Fred Hoiberg shoving an ISU player who was playing with his head up his ass. I was okay with it at the time.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
  • P

Rasir Bolton said he didn't make the final decision to pick Iowa State until Tuesday. He took an official visit to Cincinnati first, and he visited Colorado State after Ames. He also had in-home visits with Boston College and UConn. LSU was involved, too.

I love the relationship prohm and Monte have. For whatever reason (I’d guess prohm tried too hard and they only had a year together), I never got the feeling that Georges really liked him. But Monte had a couple of years and he really seems to appreciate him. He is a good one for recruits to talk to.

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
It's the pleats!

0c7.gif

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
I have never seen video of the Penn State time-out shove, but I remember Fred Hoiberg shoving an ISU player who was playing with his head up his ass. I was okay with it at the time.
Man I can remember this too. Was it Chris Allen? Seems like it was early in his career. Somewhat interesting the fast swing things have taken. I don't think there was much uproar with Fred. But Champers got suspended and Izzo was roasted when he did it this year during the tournament.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Nixon hasn't shown himself to be a high percentage shooter at all, let alone somebody that we want shooting fade aways.

I mean he wasn't a terrible shooter by any means at CSU and per this video, he had a pretty good ability to find a shot when being guarded on the perimeter.

• Agree
Reactions: ProhmDate

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
  • Useful
Reactions: ChickenNuggetMan

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

The Penn State shove wasn't a big deal either on its own IMO but it seems like there are a lot of things going on with that program right now and that was just one of the symptoms. If the shove is the only reason he's applying, I'm not sure he'd have a chance.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
"Actions not reflecting the values" seems like auto-waiver.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Reactions: heitclone

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
  • P

I love the relationship prohm and Monte have. For whatever reason (I’d guess prohm tried too hard and they only had a year together), I never got the feeling that Georges really liked him. But Monte had a couple of years and he really seems to appreciate him. He is a good one for recruits to talk to.
I always thought the exact opposite. I felt like George embraced it immediately, and it took Monte half a year to come around. Also the displays between Monte and Prohm's son show their bond in his SR year.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Seems to me that Prohm is doing really good things with our Alumni players, with the players weekend, and building long term relationships. I feel this will pay off in the long run. Really great of Monte to make time to talk to a recruit. A few yrs ago I remember being jealous of N.C. when Jordan just happened to be in town when a high level recruit came thru.

I'm not comparing Monte to Jordan but having a top notch pro point guard taking the time to talk to a recruit is a great thing.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
The Penn State shove wasn't a big deal either on its own IMO but it seems like there are a lot of things going on with that program right now and that was just one of the symptoms. If the shove is the only reason he's applying, I'm not sure he'd have a chance.

Generally speaking, when something like that boils out into a public setting, it's happening privately, but worse.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
He shot 36% from the floor and has never even hit 39% in his career. I expect him to improve but lets not rewrite history.
I'm not saying he's the greatest shooter of all time I was simply saying he was a pretty good shooter who took and made some tough shots throughout his career at CSU. He also had a full year of practicing his craft and competing against really talented guards during his off year.. If he isn't better now than he was at CSU, I'd be a bit disappointed, but we'll see. I'd be completely fine with Halliburton breaking his guy down when we need a shot, get by his man and kick it to an open player / shooting the ball himself.