RECRUITING INSIDER: Rasir Bolton decision coming soon (commits!)

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
Was anyone able to follow along with randy pete regarding the waiver on the cyclone insider podcast? (Trick question I know, right?) He went from saying the waiver is a slam dunk, to cyclone fans should keep an eye out for it in the next couple of weeks to make sure it goes through, to there is no logical case to be made for the waiver, it's 50/50 at best, to finally being bearish on the waiver in the span of out 5 minutes. WHAT?!?!

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Was anyone able to follow along with randy pete regarding the waiver on the cyclone insider podcast? (Trick question I know, right?) He went from saying the waiver is a slam dunk, to cyclone fans should keep an eye out for it in the next couple of weeks to make sure it goes through, to there is no logical case to be made for the waiver, it's 50/50 at best, to finally being bearish on the waiver in the span of out 5 minutes. WHAT?!?!

Getting old sucks!

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
nobody has ever followed along with Randy. That segment was especially bad, though haha

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa

Why would you subject yourself to that sort of madness? This is America. You don't have to do things like that.

• Funny
Reactions: Acylum and Messi

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
Why would you subject yourself to that sort of madness? This is America. You don't have to do things like that.
It was on the radio during my drive home. This thread just reminded me of it so I had to make sure I wasn't the only one who caught that. Unfortunately I probably was the only one listening that day.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
It was on the radio during my drive home. This thread just reminded me of it so I had to make sure I wasn't the only one who caught that. Unfortunately I probably was the only one listening that day.
Oddly enough, I really enjoyed Ross' "mediator" role of that show. He did a really good job of engaging Randy and Tommy and trying to relay their comments to other questions/topics of conversation. It's too bad he was essentially putting the ball on a tee for someone who is interested in picking the dandelions

• Funny
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I had to unsubscribe to Cyclone Insider and move over to other sources.

Randy and Tommy were just... difficult. Sometimes they were that endearing Batman and Robin sort of "so bad it is good," but eventually that even wears on you.

Just listening to CW and Ross talk about Iowa State for an hour would be so much better.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

He probably doesn’t even know who he was talking. Distracted by a text front Fred with some info for his next super awesome Fred article.

• Agree
Reactions: tim_redd

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
He probably doesn’t even know who he was talking. Distracted by a text front Fred with some info for his next super awesome Fred article.
He did call Prohm, Chrome. And insisted Rasir's dads name was Michael Bolton until Ray debunked that himself haha.

The thing that annoyed me about that segment more than any of Randy's flubs was his insistence that there had not been any issues with the staff at Penn State publicly, so he couldn't see where they were expecting to get a waiver. I know the Chambers - shoving incident has been discussed, and how it wasn't as serious as it seemed. But that is still, at the very least, something haha

SwirlyBird

Aug 2, 2015
He did call Prohm, Chrome. And insisted Rasir's dads name was Michael Bolton until Ray debunked that himself haha.

The thing that annoyed me about that segment more than any of Randy's flubs was his insistence that there had not been any issues with the staff at Penn State publicly, so he couldn't see where they were expecting to get a waiver. I know the Chambers - shoving incident has been discussed, and how it wasn't as serious as it seemed. But that is still, at the very least, something haha
while we are trashing on people that talk on KXNO, Heather Burnside knows ******* about the cyclones

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

Do you think other media members realize what a dofus Randy is? I don’t expect CW or Jared to actually offer insight but there’s no way they don’t just grind their teeth when they have deal with his stupid ass sometimes.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum and Cyke

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Do you think other media members realize what a dofus Randy is? I don’t expect CW or Jared to actually offer insight but there’s no way they don’t just grind their teeth when they have deal with his stupid ass sometimes.
It's quite obvious Matt Campbell and CSP know what they are getting when Randy stands up in a presser. I'd have to only assume that the people that have to sit next to him regularly realize this as well haha. I usually let out a sigh or "oh god" whenever I hear Randy starting one of his obviously not-well-thought-out questions and he never disappoints.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum and Messi

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Very much so

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
It's quite obvious Matt Campbell and CSP know what they are getting when Randy stands up in a presser. I'd have to only assume that the people that have to sit next to him regularly realize this as well haha. I usually let out a sigh or "oh god" whenever I hear Randy starting one of his obviously not-well-thought-out questions and he never disappoints.

I would imagine that there are a lot of "not my day to watch him" looks exchanged among the media members anytime Randy asks a question.

Last edited:

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006

on that same segment I heard Randy pretty say that Bolton played in a better league than we do. He said we lost to a team from his league in the NCAAs, so there is that. Not sure why Randy brought that part of it up, if he thought Bolton was a good player and wouldn't have any trouble competing at Iowa State or in the Big 12, he just have just said so. He didn't have to frame like Bolton is from a better league so he should be able to handle things just fine.