*** Official North Dakota State VS IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Prohm says at the post game interview he’s comfortable playing 7-8 guys. I hope he goes 8-9 deep this year though.
Shayock
Haliburton
Jacobson
Horton Tucker
Weiler Babb
Lewis
Talley

Lard, Conditt, and Griffin he’s probably not comfortable with right now. When Wigginton and Young come back, that will make it 9 he’s comfortable with. Lard better start having a better attitude or he’s gonna be left out of the rotation. He’s the most talented big ISU has, so he better get a reality check before conference play starts or he won’t be playing. He acted like he was pouting on the bench when Conditt came in before him in the second half and his play showed it.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
You’d be a ******* moron to not play Wiggy when he’s healthy, regardless of how good you think it’s working.

Lol at the dislikes I got here. It’s like 7 games against mostly mediocre teams without him has suddenly made some of you forget just how damned good Lindell is. I swear to God, some of you have lost your damned minds.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Lard will be fine. He needs to get into the swing of this team, and get in better shape. By the B12 season, we'll be glad we have him.
I’m glad we have him now.

He’ll definitely be fine, but he’s got a ways to go to be the Lard we hope. He may improve quickly though.

Talley should get a lot of time at the four imo, particularly when Wigginton is in.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Damn, a lot of bagging on Lard in here. 5 min in first half was surprising. I hope Prohm manages Lard well. We’ll be a much better team if he can.

Also, Halliburton mackin’ on cheerleaders when he fell into them was pretty funny.

Was funnier how his teammates were giving him **** too.

I think this is a good group...looks really coachable and they enjoy playing together.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Small aside note --

I know we do not talk basketball uniforms as much as football uniforms.

But this current set, with its bright cardinal and gold and Johnny Orr twister down the side, is absolutely gorgeous. I hope we NEVER change from these.

Reactions: khardbored

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Lol at the dislikes I got here. It’s like 7 games against mostly mediocre teams without him has suddenly made some of you forget just how damned good Lindell is. I swear to God, some of you have lost your damned minds.

Lindell's great. Thinking about his talent on top of what's been happening is fun.

Does his game fit lots of ball movement?

Shayok and THT seem to be doing fine so hopefully LW is just one more problem for opponents.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Lard will fit in better against Iowa and the Big 12 schedule. He needs some physical challenging play unlike Talley who can create for himself, this was like a scrimmage.

Yeah, Talley is able to go get for himself. Cam has to rely on getting the ball in good position. Much easier to integrate when you handle the ball. I also think there were some odd lineups for him, and he’ll fit in better as the 5 with four guards.

Insert him in with the starters in place of Jacobson, or even with the starters and Jacobson (with another guy out), and the stress on the defense will open more things up for him.

Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Lindell's great. Thinking about his talent on top of what's been happening is fun.

Does his game fit lots of ball movement?

Shayok and THT seem to be doing fine so hopefully LW is just one more problem for opponents.

His game slots in perfectly. Plus he can shoot better from three than anyone we’ve had out there, which will open up the floor for others.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
I'm not sure what to think of Lard's minutes...I'm sure he was probably somewhat nervous/tight, and as mentioned above, ISU is playing differently than what he was used to last year. Unfortunately, in both halves, things didn't go so smoothly when he was in, and NDSU started significant runs while he was on the floor. Will be interesting to see how things develop.

Anyway, a fun start to the season so far. A challenge seems to be finding out which combos work well together and figuring out whether the team can be 8, 9, or maybe even more, deep. I much prefer that challenge to the "make it work with 6 or 7" challenge...

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
When Wiggy is healthy, he’s playing. Period. It’s not even a question.

I'm not saying he doesn't play.

I'm wondering if his game fits with the current group very well, and if it will be all from the 2 because NWB and Halli are both a great fit for PG.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Key question that will be answered is if Jacobson can keep up rebounding production when the talent level goes up. Lard has proven he gets some of his best rebouding, scoring and blocked shot numbers against the more talented teams.

Not saying I know the answer, obviously I'd love for Jacobson to finish the year with his current averages because he'd be all conference :)

He's been the biggest-best upside surprise. Exceeded my expectations. I love his knock-down 10-ft jumpers from the wing! And to think we get him next year too!!

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8 and HFCS

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
How damned good was he last year?

lakesbison

Jul 14, 2009
Thanks for waiting until after game to re-instate Lakesbison! Thanks for the outpouring of support in the 1st page or 2 as well.

I was at NDSU v Drake game at Us Bank stadium. NDSU played right with them, until Drake shot 76% in 2nd half.

NDSU is 2-7 now . Many wanted our coach fired 2 years ago after a 1 and done in summit tourney.. than same crap last year. he should be GONE. (last 2 coaches ended up at Nebraska & Ohio) this 1 can go back to his daddy at NDSCS JUCO

new basketball stadium after after the 2014 Win vs #12 Oklahoma in big dance and NDSU couldnt capitilize into becoming a mid major force after 3 big dances in 5 years. argh

lost to gonzaga by 40 , iowa state by 30 (yea yea only 22...but you guys quit up 32)

its embarassing and I apologize for this squad we put out there. I cant even talk smack :(

youll pound Iowa . go get em .

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Clearly some of you have never played an ounce of competitive basketball.. after you sit for a month while the team is winning and doing fine without you and then u return is not an easy thing for some...

Lard isn’t in game shape.. and when you aren’t in game shape sometimes u feel like u can’t do what you used to do and etc..

What we need Lard for right now is spelling Jacobsen for a few minutes at a time, rebounding and playing smart D.. that’s it.

It’s going to take a few games for him to get into it. Tally is ready.. Also bc Tally is a 5th year senior and this is it for him.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron