*** Official Tulsa Vs IOWA STATE Gameday Thread ***

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I assume it's pushed back?

They should change the foul allotment to 3 so ISU games can start on time.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Tally has a nice midrange game and plays good d the problem is that with 2 guards and 2 bigs plus tally that puts tally at the wing and in the corner and eliminates that corner 3 pt threat that we are so used to seeing. Beverly can hit that shot but playing Beverly over Tally makes the defense worse and rebounding worse..If Tally could actually hit 30% from 3 this team would look a whole lot different IMO.

This is where I hope to see T Lewis progress throughout the year..T Lewis can shoot and run..If he can become a somewhat ok defensive player then he may start playing 15+ min a game at that wing slot.

It just becomes easier to defend a team that only has 1-2 players on the floor that will even put up 3’s..

I agree, we are better w/ Tally as a match up problem 4 than a 3 w/ poor range. Honestly until Young and Lard can stay out of foul trouble we are going to need Tally, Beverly and Brase at the 4. MG, Lard committed a foul before he'd play a single second. We need Young or Lard on the floor at all times. Hopefully on good nights they can combine to give us 50-55 minutes.

Giving us 5 in the backcourt having Lewis as an offensive option off the bench and Long for defensive. Tally will most likely still have to log some minutes at the three but the more we can play NWB, DJax and Wiggy together the better we'll be.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Boeheim thinks the FBI has better things to do with their time then stick their noses in this issue. Shocking

Had Wayne Morgan on his staff, hindsight says he had paying handlers written all over him. Almost drug us into a scandal along w/ Iona.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I agree, we are better w/ Tally as a match up problem 4 than a 3 w/ poor range. Honestly until Young and Lard can stay out of foul trouble we are going to need Tally, Beverly and Brase at the 4. MG, Lard committed a foul before he'd play a single second. We need Young or Lard on the floor at all times. Hopefully on good nights they can combine to give us 50-55 minutes.

Giving us 5 in the backcourt having Lewis as an offensive option off the bench and Long for defensive. Tally will most likely still have to log some minutes at the three but the more we can play NWB, DJax and Wiggy together the better we'll be.
I’d hate to be a post player in today’s game. It’s got to be incredibly frustrating with how inconsistent they call things.

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
ESPN has ISU by 2.5, with a 67.9% chance of winning. Not a gambler, but if I was, I might take Tulsa against that. I saw that Tulsa game last night. They might have less rest, but I'm thinking this is a pick 'em at best. ISU might get some favoritism based on past reputation early in the year.

Help Support Us

Become a patron