Game of Thrones Season 7

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
The only people that will be standing in meaningful positions at the start of the War of Winter are bastards, misfits, and women. Quite the opposite from where we started haha

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
Are you implying that women are broken things!??

Not at all...just that most upcoming winter fighters aren't cripples (Bran) or bastards (Jon), are broken things (Hound/BwoB/Wildlings/Night Watch). Dany and her dragons would be the main player I don't think fit any of these descriptions, unless you place her into "broken things" due to Targ genes.

Edit: I don't see the other women being big players (other than Dany or Mel if she resurfaces) vs the Night's King and the White Walkers. I see them as big players fighting for the Iron Throne/their independence.

Last edited:

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Not at all...just that most upcoming winter fighters aren't cripples (Bran) or bastards (Jon), are broken things (Hound/BwoB/Wildlings/Night Watch). Dany and her dragons would be the main player I don't think fit any of these descriptions, unless you place her into "broken things" due to Targ genes.

Edit: I don't see the other women being big players (other than Dany or Mel if she resurfaces) vs the Night's King and the White Walkers. I see them as big players fighting for the Iron Throne/their independence.
My point was, at the beginning of the show, it was the war of the 5 Kings. All men of power and might in high positions and making all the decisions. But now, with the bastards (Jon, Elaria/Sand Snakes, Gendry) Misfits (Tyrion, Theon, Hound, Varys, Sam Tarley, Littlefinger, Wildlings, etc.) and Women (Cersei, Dany, Sansa, Arya, Sand Snakes, Olenna, Mel) they are the ones that are making the decisions and in places of power. Completely flipped on it's head from the "norm" in Westeros to start the show.

And I was joking about my last post, just FYI

Last edited:

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Are you implying that women are broken things!??
61685696.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: ThatllDoCy

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.in...es-season-7-opening-credits-white-walker-clue

A user on Reddit noticed a pretty interesting clue to the white walkers plan in the opening credits of Season 7. I'll put it in spoilers

IMG_6338.JPG

The top image is the wall from Season 6 opening credits. The bottom image is the wall from Season 7. The sea is freezing over, most notably to the East, which would make it pretty easy for the WW to go around the wall. Tormund and the Wildlings are going to have their hands full when they make it to Eastwatch-by-the-sea

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.in...es-season-7-opening-credits-white-walker-clue

A user on Reddit noticed a pretty interesting clue to the white walkers plan in the opening credits of Season 7. I'll put it in spoilers

View attachment 48905

The top image is the wall from Season 6 opening credits. The bottom image is the wall from Season 7. The sea is freezing over, most notably to the East, which would make it pretty easy for the WW to go around the wall. Tormund and the Wildlings are going to have their hands full when they make it to Eastwatch-by-the-sea

This was also kind of eluded to, not directly but after Benjen Stark brings Bran and Meera back to the wall they ask if he is coming with them. His response was something along the lines of the wall isn't just ice and rock, its magic, as long as it stands, the dead can't cross it. It's a little clue but it more or less tells you the Night King's army will have to find another way around the wall.

GoT does this stuff all the time, one of my favorite aspects, so much of what happens has already been said, sometimes it just takes watching it over again to pick up on these details.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion

View attachment 48905

Good catch. I assumed the WW heading south was due to the Night's King mark on Bran.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Here is the extended preview for this season. They played this at the Comic-con panel.

Pretty sure there was a quick glimpse of Randall Tarly, Sam's a$$hole dad and reputed military genius in front of the throne forging an alliance with Cersei.

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
WTF is Theron's purpose in the show? I keep waiting for him to redeem himself, but he always wimps out. He has to sacrifice himself at a pivotal moment to help the cause, right? His story is one of redemption, or is George RR not going to follow that trope?

Bummed there was no Hound.

Now we know what surprise Euron will be delivering to Cerci.

Surprised to see Hotpie.

Proud of Sam taking Jora's recovery in to his own hands. And what about the cut between the puss filled skin to the meat and cheese pie in the tavern. Brilliant.

Arya seeing her wolf again was cool and her decision to head north is exciting. With Jon Snow headed to Dragon Stone, Sansa will need another Stark in Winterfell. What is Bran makes it home too? That would be an insane family reunion.

Lots more to say, but overall a fantastic show.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
oh Reek.
Nymirya is **** your pants enormous. I am glad she didn't just say a few words and win herself a direwolf pack. Until the last moment, we got another build episode. I know the end of the season will be a payoff but I WANT MORE!

Reactions: Angie

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
oh Reek.
Nymirya is **** your pants enormous. I am glad she didn't just say a few words and win herself a direwolf pack. Until the last moment, we got another build episode. I know the end of the season will be a payoff but I WANT MORE!

I think I remember audibly saying "Holy Sh!t" when I saw how big Nymeria is on screen. I really hope that's not the last we see of her.