Game of Thrones Season 7

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
We finally caught up with all seasons. Now I have to decide if I want to get HBO or wait for the home release.

...probably gonna get the HBO (or Go or whatever) ;)

Reactions: Angie

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
We finally caught up with all seasons. Now I have to decide if I want to get HBO or wait for the home release.

...probably gonna get the HBO (or Go or whatever) ;)
Yeah, I made the jump to HBO Go and I think it is definitely worth it. Especially from mid-spring to early-fall when TV shows are popping up left and right

• Agree

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Just get it after the season is done and binge watch it on demand. Much cheaper that way.

Actually, it may be cheaper for HBO Go. It's $14.99 a month and you would only need it for 2 months if you just wanted to watch GoT S7. You could also catch up on shows like WestWorld or re-watch shows like The Sopranos and True Detective, as well as some recent movie releases.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Actually, it may be cheaper for HBO Go. It's $14.99 a month and you would only need it for 2 months if you just wanted to watch GoT S7. You could also catch up on shows like WestWorld or re-watch shows like The Sopranos and True Detective, as well as some recent movie releases.
How dare you forget The Wire
post-30325-bunk-moreland-cigar-gif-Imgur-weiW.gif

• Winner
Reactions: Doc and 3GenClone

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
Interesting. I knew it was going to be later this year due to some production delays, but thought it was starting in April. Bummer to have to wait until July.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006

I only keep it for about a week. With dish, I subscribe to it and download the on demand shows to my DVR. They are good for 30 days from download regardless if I cancel my subscription or not. In the end it costs about $10 or so (~$5 for the week of HBO and $5 for cancelling a channel within 30 days of adding it).

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
How dare you forget The Wire
post-30325-bunk-moreland-cigar-gif-Imgur-weiW.gif

Never understood the love with The Wire. First season was great, then it just felt like the same rehashed ****. Obviously big fan of GOT, but other greats on my list are True Detective S1, Westworld, The Young Pope, and the Sopranos.

Im not sure if they still have it on there but last summer I watched the Godfather 1 and 2 combined into one stream. They reshuffled the scenes from 1 & 2 into chronological order. It was amazing.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Never understood the love with The Wire. First season was great, then it just felt like the same rehashed ****. Obviously big fan of GOT, but other greats on my list are True Detective S1, Westworld, The Young Pope, and the Sopranos.

Im not sure if they still have it on there but last summer I watched the Godfather 1 and 2 combined into one stream. They reshuffled the scenes from 1 & 2 into chronological order. It was amazing.
Have you watched every season? Yeah, the wire is the over-arching story-line of every season because, well it is about Police using wire-taps, so if that is your problem idk what to tell you. But, idk how the storylines are the same rehashed ****, but everyone has their opinions, and I can't say you're wrong.

I think Season 4 of the Wire is arguably the best season of TV ever. I'd argue that for days on end. Can understand why people would get turned off by 2, but 1, 3, 4 are amazing and 5 is just going all out on their final season, which could have changed the quality. The overall message, production, acting, and portrayal of how the system consumes everyone in the city of Baltimore in one way or another is remarkable.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Diggame and SWCy13

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

189.gif

• Winner
Reactions: SWCy13 and srjclone

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I'm not really looking forward to the season cause I'm kind of sick of Jon Snow and Dany already.

• Agree

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I'm not really looking forward to the season cause I'm kind of sick of Jon Snow and Dany already.

Jon (in the books, also) just got so whiny after the first couple. We get it, you're conflicted. And Dany is running in circles.

• Agree
Reactions: Lexclone and Doc

SWCy13

Nov 14, 2011
Have you watched every season? Yeah, the wire is the over-arching story-line of every season because, well it is about Police using wire-taps, so if that is your problem idk what to tell you. But, idk how the storylines are the same rehashed ****, but everyone has their opinions, and I can't say you're wrong.

I think Season 4 of the Wire is arguably the best season of TV ever. I'd argue that for days on end. Can understand why people would get turned off by 2, but 1, 3, 4 are amazing and 5 is just going all out on their final season, which could have changed the quality. The overall message, production, acting, and portrayal of how the system consumes everyone in the city of Baltimore in one way or another is remarkable.

Oh, indeed.

Reactions: srjclone and Doc