RECRUITING: Another in-state offer for 2018

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
Just like my last post, that type RBs only work if you have a Bama/tOSU type Oline. We're quite a few years away from that.
But, what I'm thinking is that I'd love to have a 225-pound Mike Warren with his current abilities as our premier back rather than a 185-pound Mike Warren with his current abilities.

It seems to me the point you're making, ripvdub, is that if Warren were to increase his good weight to 225, he should be moved to linebacker. That's my interpretation of what you're saying.

(Please note: Even though my opinion differs from yours, I have no reason to call you names or respond with snide comments as others here have done. Just saying. . . .)

Last edited:

BigCojones

Aug 24, 2009
Ankeny
Running backs seems like one of the toughest positions to evaluate since the O-line and level of competition is such a factor. Remember seeing Jason Scales thinking he was going to be a great College RB. Dominate HS player but didn't end up what I thought in college.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
6'1" and 195 lbs. and runs a 4.4 40 yd. dash and he is a sophomore. He already has the size and speed. He might not gain a whole lot more weight or grow taller. The kid plays RB so he won't bulk up like a lineman in his training. Great that we are in on a kid like that early.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Running backs seems like one of the toughest positions to evaluate since the O-line and level of competition is such a factor. Remember seeing Jason Scales thinking he was going to be a great College RB. Dominate HS player but didn't end up what I thought in college.

Scales was about 5'9" tops. And he battled some injuries as well which hampered his career. Scales missed the entire 2005 season with a knee injury and never really fully recovered IMO.

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
6'1" and 195 lbs. and runs a 4.4 40 yd. dash and he is a sophomore. He already has the size and speed. He might not gain a whole lot more weight or grow taller. The kid plays RB so he won't bulk up like a lineman in his training. Great that we are in on a kid like that early.

I'd be shocked if that 40 time is accurate. Only 10 running backs ran under a 4.5 in this year's NFL Combine. I truly doubt a HS sophomore is running that fast, but hey, maybe.

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
Let's see . . . if Sabein Clark is ready to make an impact here as a redshirt freshman, that would be the fall of 2019, right? Almost 3-1/2 years from now. If we don't have a rock-like, studly O-Line by then, I'll be pretty surprised. Nice combo, tough mean O-Line and a 215-lb. Sabein carrying the ball.

In an interview, though, SC did say, although he's being recruited as a RB, he said he could play other positions, too.

Last edited:

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
Yup, exactly what I said. Smh.
He's only going to get bigger, he could easily be 6'2" 225 his freshman year.
Halsted said he's being recruited at RB but could play several other positions bc of his size. The coaches are telling him that, but I'm just a clown.
I personally don't want a huge, towering rb, unless we someday have Bama's Oline to go along with that RB.

Huge Towering guy with 5.0 40 = OL
Huge Towering guy with 4.4 40 = RB

You're welcome.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
False, I spend most of my time on here at school. And I have a feeling you'll be doing that hand thing for a while.

did you just use the "nuh uh, you are" defense?

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Just like my last post, that type RBs only work if you have a Bama/tOSU type Oline. We're quite a few years away from that.

He may end up playing somewhere else, he has a lot of years until he sees the field, but I would see nothing wrong with a 6-2 225 lb running back. Even if he isn't an every down back, it would be good to have a bruiser for short yard situations and blocking. Also seems to have good speed so it isn't like he is a one-dimensional tub.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron