RECRUITING: Another in-state offer for 2018

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Based on those 18 seconds of choppy footage, I think we have the next Barry Sanders.
I saw Barry Sanders play one game in college. I believe that in his first two carries of the second half he ran for a total of around 130 yards. That probably took about 18 seconds. I'll take that kind of production.

JCloned

Mar 20, 2006
Hearing that Iowa State recently offered Saybein Clark, a 6-foot-1, 195-pound RB out of Bishop Heelan in Sioux City. Not sure on other offers or what not as of now but here is his Hudl page.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4372961/saybein-clark

The sophmore highlight video reminds me a little of Alexander Robinson. Good speed, good north south and good vision. He seems to have more of wiggle than Arob, similar to a current running back , but with what appears to be a little more heft

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I like that Campbell is actively pursuing the top in-state talent. We don't need a team full of kids from Iowa, but I'd rather take a flier on someone that has had success, wants to be here and plays with heart versus someone with equal talent from TX or FL. Emotion and effort are invaluable in certain situations in college football.

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
That size as a soph, no way he should be playing RB in college.
Noticed the other day the top RB in the 2017 class, an Alabama commit, weighs 220 lbs. Quality running backs who are big is a good thing, isn't it?

I don't recall just how big he was, but back in the day witnessed tOSU's Keith Byers (sp.) single-handedly destroy the ugheye defense.

Last edited:

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
He looks like a good talent. I wouldn't say no if he wanted to commit.

mkleve44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2012
West Des Moines
I watched him play last year and he was dominate over everyone else on the field. It was fun watching him play. Heard the next game after he had 5 1st half touchdowns. Kid is a stud.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
On April 21st the Cyclone Gridiron Club came to Sioux City and D-Coordinator/Safeties Coach Jon Heacock was there. He said he was headed to the SC Heelan soccer game after the event to check out a recruit. He couldn't say who it was but this had to be who he was going to see.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Coach MC is starting to tick me off. He needs to not recruit so quick. We need a good 2-3 months of meltdown, and getting offers and commits every week does not offer enough time.

• Agree
Reactions: spitfyr36

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Coach MC is starting to tick me off. He needs to not recruit so quick. We need a good 2-3 months of meltdown, and getting offers and commits every week does not offer enough time.

Never fear. Just give it a month and we'll be over our scholarship allotment for 2018. Then we can panic about who is transferring out.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
There you have it folks, based on this clowns logic, if you mature early you better be a lineman.

Yup, exactly what I said. Smh.
He's only going to get bigger, he could easily be 6'2" 225 his freshman year.
Halsted said he's being recruited at RB but could play several other positions bc of his size. The coaches are telling him that, but I'm just a clown.
I personally don't want a huge, towering rb, unless we someday have Bama's Oline to go along with that RB.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Noticed the other day the top RB in the 2017 class, an Alabama commit, weighs 220 lbs. Quality running backs who are big is a good thing, isn't it?

I don't recall just how big he was, but back in the day witnessed tOSU's Keith Byers (sp.) single-handedly destroy the ugheye defense.

Just like my last post, that type RBs only work if you have a Bama/tOSU type Oline. We're quite a few years away from that.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Tell me your experience coaching in D1 football.

You show me yours, I'll show you mine...

Might want to get your eyes checked if you can't tell the difference in our current OL and the OL at those schools. They have multiple draft picks every year, just on the OL.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
That size as a soph, no way he should be playing RB in college.

Maybe he won't be playing RB in college? A 6'2" 230 lb kid as a senior would make a pretty decent LB too. If he's talented and has some size he could play numerous positions.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron