NCAA 09 Football

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Iowa State. I run to get the defense tired and let AA throw all over the place.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Iowa State Cyclones dynasty and here is a weird strategy i do; when playing against the computer and their in 3rd and 10 or longer. I sub a LB or S for my DT and run a nickel or dime with 3 lineman, but take user control of my "DT" and just kinda roam around looking for a pick. The computer doesn't like to throw the ball deeper than 15 yards on me anyway it seems, even on heisman or the other "tough" levels.

Only other team I ever play as is Arizona State.

Love the game on the 360, only gripe is that if you don't touch the game sliders at all, it seems like the computer can throw for 200-300 yds on me, but only run for about 20.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Iowa State, i just don't enjoy playing with other teams even if i win. Pass the ball a lot. Put in JJ Bass as the tailback, if i get down by a few scores or throw a few picks, i put in B***s in as quarterback. Putting Bell in as the other kick returner instead of hamilton helps me run a few back now and then.

cyman1189

Aug 11, 2008
Akron, OH
if im playing competitively i play with florida... otherwise im always ISU and i stick to the run with the clones

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
It's a horrible joke of a joke. I really should have tried it before I bought it.

I don't use my card as Gamestop a whole lot, but i always renew if every year for Game Informer magazine. It's a great magazine that I only spend about 15 mins with my face in a month and I usually agree right along with most of the reviews. It's only 10 bucks for the Gamestop card and it benefits and the magazine is free when you get one. There are also some decent free places that do reviews online, the prices for games today make me almost HAVE to do some research at the least before, if not play the demo.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Put in 4th and 5th string WR's at TE, Fast LB's at DE, and 2nd string RB at FB, safeties at LB. Speed, speed and more speed.

I like USC if someone uses FLorida or someone very good.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I play with ISU when I first get it. After the downloads for the names come out, I like to "create myself" as a coach and take over a horrible team, then try to build up my career to eventually take over my alma mater, ISU.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
I always start out as Notre Dame. This year I started out running heavy for the first year of my dynasty and then once Jimmy Clausen was a much better passer I just launched up bombs to Golden. Dane Crist was a lot better. I spent about 7 years at ND then came to ISU. In my 3rd season at ISU I finally got into the NC game after a Fiesta Bowl and a smaller bowl. Can't wait for next year.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I don't use my card as Gamestop a whole lot, but i always renew if every year for Game Informer magazine. It's a great magazine that I only spend about 15 mins with my face in a month and I usually agree right along with most of the reviews. It's only 10 bucks for the Gamestop card and it benefits and the magazine is free when you get one. There are also some decent free places that do reviews online, the prices for games today make me almost HAVE to do some research at the least before, if not play the demo.

I have about ten different game review sites in my favorites, and not only does that usually save me from buying the crappy ones, it also helps me find some cool ones that I might not notice. The best one is metacritic, because it's a composite of the scores from a ton of other sites.

Xbox 360 Game Reviews from Metacritic

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
It's a horrible joke of a joke. I really should have tried it before I bought it.

The terrible sports games are the only regret I have about going with a Wii after my old PS2 kicked the bucket. I miss being able to play something with a decent dynasty mode.