Why is life worth living?

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
I've tried. Different jobs, all kinds of jobs, janitor, on line, in person, etc. Had a few interviews - but nothing ever worked out

I'm not sure where you live, but Amazon always seems to be hiring. And you can have flexible pay (paid at the end of the work day, weekly, etc.). There's also Uber Eats/Door Dash, etc. for some fast cash.

stewart092284

Sep 22, 2021
Yep. And I had tried to set up an account on Rover for dog walking - but you need money in the account to create a account which, of course, disqualifies me at this point haha. I thought, oh, walk a dog, or two, etc....

but not right now.

As of now, its basically pawning stuff, to get gas, groceries and then maybe I can do door dash some. IDK. Its ugly. But if I can make it till December - I might be ok. Maybe. IDK.

• Friendly
Reactions: MJ29

BoomerClone

Oct 27, 2010
North Carolina
Yep. And I had tried to set up an account on Rover for dog walking - but you need money in the account to create a account which, of course, disqualifies me at this point haha. I thought, oh, walk a dog, or two, etc....

but not right now.

As of now, it’s basically pawning stuff, to get gas, groceries and then maybe I can do door dash some. IDK. Its ugly. But if I can make it till December - I might be ok. Maybe. IDK.
Never ever ever try to work for someone who requires you to pay upfront for anything to start a job with them. That’s always a scam.

stewart092284

Sep 22, 2021
So... I have a crazy idea. - so I'm not "buying" it but the house is paid off but I'm taking possession. But I wonder - my hope right now is if I can say to a bank, even with my really bad credit - treat like a mortgage, and say, if I only ask for half of what you'd typically get

Yes, I'd have a mortgage but - once I get everything else paid off - it'd be half of what I paid now for rent. then my credit score could improve, I'd have time to find a second job or even rent out one of the bedrooms. And in the mean time - I'd be free from a lot of stress.

IDK if that's possible but if it is, that might be my way out. Let me get on my feet again, yes, more debt, but it'd save me from having my mentral breakdown of today and give me that time and space and grace. Its probably not possible but that's my tentative plan.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
So... I have a crazy idea. - so I'm not "buying" it but the house is paid off but I'm taking possession. But I wonder - my hope right now is if I can say to a bank, even with my really bad credit - treat like a mortgage, and say, if I only ask for half of what you'd typically get

Yes, I'd have a mortgage but - once I get everything else paid off - it'd be half of what I paid now for rent. then my credit score could improve, I'd have time to find a second job or even rent out one of the bedrooms. And in the mean time - I'd be free from a lot of stress.

IDK if that's possible but if it is, that might be my way out. Let me get on my feet again, yes, more debt, but it'd save me from having my mentral breakdown of today and give me that time and space and grace. Its probably not possible but that's my tentative plan.
This sounds like a home equity loan, pretty common. A lot of people use these to pay off big purchases or consolidate credit card debt.

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022

none of us are financial advisors, or at least very few of us, but if you could do it and consolidate debt, that seems like something that may alleviate some stress off of you! Financial stress is one of the worst, and unfortunately something most of us deal with, especially since Covid. Good luck my friend!

FWIW, at least you have a job. I have an acquaintance that was fired from his dads family business today....

stewart092284

Sep 22, 2021
none of us are financial advisors, or at least very few of us, but if you could do it and consolidate debt, that seems like something that may alleviate some stress off of you! Financial stress is one of the worst, and unfortunately something most of us deal with, especially since Covid. Good luck my friend!

FWIW, at least you have a job. I have an acquaintance that was fired from his dads family business today....
Oh, I know I've got it better than many and thta's why I hate complaining in general but today just really stressed me out. My BP was up already after my mom passed, but I lost about 25-30 pounds, was eating better, etc, so that seemed to be better but the last few days or week + my stress has been through the roof.

And yeah, I'm hopeful. No guarantees but if I could get it to work in November that'd be awesome. And it'd be a huge relief stress wise yes.

Sorry about your friend and his job. Hope he's done a decent job of managing things so he has a little bit of a cushion or at least has a way himself of finding a landing spot , at least until he can get back on his feet again.

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Oh, I know I've got it better than many and thta's why I hate complaining in general but today just really stressed me out. My BP was up already after my mom passed, but I lost about 25-30 pounds, was eating better, etc, so that seemed to be better but the last few days or week + my stress has been through the roof.

And yeah, I'm hopeful. No guarantees but if I could get it to work in November that'd be awesome. And it'd be a huge relief stress wise yes.

Sorry about your friend and his job. Hope he's done a decent job of managing things so he has a little bit of a cushion or at least has a way himself of finding a landing spot , at least until he can get back on his feet again.
I was trying to bring humor to a tough situation referring to BF getting **** canned today lol I hope everything works out for you friend!

• Haha
Reactions: Tailg8er

stewart092284

Sep 22, 2021
I was trying to bring humor to a tough situation referring to BF getting **** canned today lol I hope everything works out for you friend!
Thank you my friend! And I hadn't even noticed that, that's how out of it I was lol!

And thank you again ! I was always a big dude, got up to around 330, then 300, then 270-290ish, was 270 in June. Down to about 245 after making some big life style changes - I need to get back to doing Headspace and meditation to help -

but in general I've never felt so great physically. Which makes me sad my parents aren't here to see it but I try to think they're watching and proud of me.

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Thank you my friend! And I hadn't even noticed that, that's how out of it I was lol!

And thank you again ! I was always a big dude, got up to around 330, then 300, then 270-290ish, was 270 in June. Down to about 245 after making some big life style changes - I need to get back to doing Headspace and meditation to help -

but in general I've never felt so great physically. Which makes me sad my parents aren't here to see it but I try to think they're watching and proud of me.
I am sure they are!!

Reactions: stewart092284

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
FYI to those that may have a lot of health issues, or don't have knowledge of what they may have inherited, Genome testing is really getting interesting. We did it for our sons to dial in some mental health meds and I am going through a full genome mapping using Sequencing.com.

I have NO affiliation with them, just a single customer, but wanted to pass along a steal of a deal if interested. They are currently running an 80% off sale - I paid full price in August. The downside is my reports just finally became available today after 5 months of genome processing/analysis.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
As many know the last few days have been very trying on me with want I went through Sunday. I've informed my brothers at OTN that I'm going to a temporary hiatus from doing OTN. I'm still going to do my game threads, but after basketball season I maybe on less than usual. Just really struggling right now.

Even with new locks and secure doors when I was at work today all I could focus on was if the house is okay. My mom and I have isu wbb season tickets and tonight is a big one with KSU. But I think I will pass because I won't be able to focus I'll just be worrying if the house is safe.

Last edited:

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
As many know the last few days have been very trying on me with want I went through Sunday. I've informed my brothers at OTN that I'm going to a temporary hiatus from doing OTN. I'm still going to do my game threads, but after basketball season I maybe on less than usual. Just really struggling right now.

Even with new locks and secure doors when I was at work today all I could focus on was if the house is okay. My mom and I have isu wbb season tickets and tonight is a big one with KSU. But I think I will pass because I won't be able to focus I'll just be worthing if the house is safe.
You’re always safe here, rulzzz. Do you have a security camera to help ease your mind when you’re not home?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Didn't know exactly where to post this, but have been needing to talk about it for some time and it's very hard to talk about. About a month ago, my wife out of the blue told me she was having second thoughts about us and our marriage. We've been together about 10 years and married 4 years. Being that it was so abrupt, I went a little nuts, not aggressive nuts, but emotionally nuts. I later found out through asking her and pressing her a bit that she was having an affair with a coworker.

This wasn't just a random coworker though, this was someone who was married as well, and my wife and I were very good friends and close with them. We did a lot of things together. Me and the guy also did a lot of things together: grabbed lunch, went golfing, grabbed a beer, etc. At one point, even had a heart to heart with him telling him that he has developed into one of my best friends.

My wife and him were having a "non-sexual, emotional affair, with some kissing", or at least that's essentially how my wife has described it to me. She also didn't flat out come clean to me when I asked either, she actually lied to me at first saying that she never cheated on me with him, she may just be in love with him. It took me pressing a bit before she told the truth. I also found out that almost every time they did kiss one another, this guy's wife and me were actually there at the time, whether that be at our house, their house or a party. (****** up right?) The "plan" was for the two of them to leave their spouses and then live happily ever after.

I also left out that I believed something was happening for a while. They were constantly communicating with one another whether that was through text message or snapchat. They would grab lunches on Fridays together or grab a happy hour drink together and if I got upset about it, I'd be gaslit as the jealous husband and it'd drive me crazy thinking that I could be that. But that ended up turning me into that monster exactly. Checking locations, always worrying if she was with him, etc. It got to the point where I was so insecure about myself that I just flat out asked her multiple times if she liked/loved him more than me and she would tell me I was crazy and "the only one for her". There was a time when we were all hanging out and I swear I saw them kiss and later confronted her about it, which she then swore to me nothing happened, rather they were hugging after talking about something emotional. I later found out that that night was their first time kissing.

So here's my pickle.. I'm willing to forgive my wife or at least work extremely hard through marriage counseling and my own therapy to figure out how to better myself in a bunch of ways, and she's been wishy washy on her feelings about wanting to try. These last few weeks have been so damn complicated and emotionally draining for me. And also confusing. There have been weird walking on egg shell moments and then there have been alright and even great moments with one another, but her behavior and emotions have been so bi-polar and change essentially hourly.

I've struggled with anxiety before but now it's like every waking moment and it's hard to even get through an entire day of work now. Essentially my entire life is invested into this relationship and even thinking a little bit about the fact of not being with her / starting over makes me sick.
Been a long time since I've discussed this but thought I'd share a little update. The last few months have been miserable. Absolutely miserable. Tried making things work with my (soon to be) ex wife but it went nowhere. Went to couples therapy which was an absolute joke overall. We rarely talked about us, rather would only talk about how she felt in the moment. Lots of blame thrown my way and we never once even brought up the affair. I would've tried getting out sooner but every time there would be a bad day, it'd follow up with a good day in which she'd reel me right back in with "normalcy", flirting, kissing, I love you's, etc. The final straw was us having two solid weeks in a row where I thought things were making a turn and she ended up telling my therapist "I feel as if my life wouldn't change if he wasn't in it", to which I finally gave up. That killed me.

I asked for a divorce shortly after that and we're now in that process. House has been sold and I'm uprooting my life and starting over in a different spot. I move in shortly and am excited for this next chapter. Even though I'm excited I'm still deeply sad about losing "my person", although your "person" can't be someone that does something like that, right? Either way, I guess it's time to move on.

The one thing I have been extremely thankful for over the course of this miserable quarter of a year has been Iowa State and this website (outside of my friends and family). Iowa State will always be my home and engulfing all forms of content here and interacting with all you hooligans always is a bright spot for my days, even when they may be dark. And if there's one thing that being a Cyclone fan has taught me is heartbreak. Thank you all and even though I don't personally know any of you, I love you all.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Been a long time since I've discussed this but thought I'd share a little update. The last few months have been miserable. Absolutely miserable. Tried making things work with my (soon to be) ex wife but it went nowhere. Went to couples therapy which was an absolute joke overall. We rarely talked about us, rather would only talk about how she felt in the moment. Lots of blame thrown my way and we never once even brought up the affair. I would've tried getting out sooner but every time there would be a bad day, it'd follow up with a good day in which she'd reel me right back in with "normalcy", flirting, kissing, I love you's, etc. The final straw was us having two solid weeks in a row where I thought things were making a turn and she ended up telling my therapist "I feel as if my life wouldn't change if he wasn't in it", to which I finally gave up. That killed me.

I asked for a divorce shortly after that and we're now in that process. House has been sold and I'm uprooting my life and starting over in a different spot. I move in shortly and am excited for this next chapter. Even though I'm excited I'm still deeply sad about losing "my person", although your "person" can't be someone that does something like that, right? Either way, I guess it's time to move on.

The one thing I have been extremely thankful for over the course of this miserable quarter of a year has been Iowa State and this website (outside of my friends and family). Iowa State will always be my home and engulfing all forms of content here and interacting with all you hooligans always is a bright spot for my days, even when they may be dark. And if there's one thing that being a Cyclone fan has taught me is heartbreak. Thank you all and even though I don't personally know any of you, I love you all.
Most of my best moments have come after it felt like the rug of life had been pulled out from under me. Hang in there

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020

Even with new locks and secure doors when I was at work today all I could focus on was if the house is okay. My mom and I have isu wbb season tickets and tonight is a big one with KSU. But I think I will pass because I won't be able to focus I'll just be worthing if the house is safe.

I just read about what happened to you. I know the unsettling feeling well, as an apartment I was living in was burglarized almost 20 years ago. I can't believe it's been that long, honestly, because I still feel anxious when I leave my home for long periods of time (and even a little when I'm gone for normal daily life). Take the steps you need to try and give yourself peace of mind. I'm sorry you and your family are going through this.

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020

I hope you have a good support system in person, but CF is also here to listen. Take care of yourself and take this new chapter step by step.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa

My life had that turn where I went through a divorce. It took about 6 months for me to recover. It was a hard 6 months. I didn't believe in Depression or Anxiety and had to find out the hard way. Now I am much strong. Been single for 7 years, will never get married again. Just be careful when you get back in the market. Their are a lot of sharks out there just looking for some guy to be with so they have someone else. Just live your life. Have fun. Go hiking, go do stuff on your own. Once you get past the crazy stuff during the divorce, it will be fun. Also, Prepare yourself for her finding a guy right away. I am talking during the divorce. It almost always happens.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron