Iowa State Transfer/Recruiting Class 2023

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Not really disagreeing with this but I found it funny you had Gilbert on all lists except last 4 minutes. A guy with size, shooting ability and good defense seems like a good guy to have in the last 4 mins.
The other guard spot was the hardest for me to pick.. I knew I wanted Lipsey out there because he is an incredible rebounder, excellent defender and he's experienced in the Big 12. I want Milan and Omaha on the floor as they are by far the most talented. Omaha can guard 1-5 and Milan may be the most talented scorer on the roster. A frontcourt of Milan and Omaha with 3 guards could get abused on the glass, so I went with Tre King to provide great rebounding. Tre also has the ability to stretch, create, and can guard a center at nearly 240#..

A lineup of Lipsey, Omaha, Milan, and Tre needs shooting and dribbling more than anything else, so I put PAV in the lineup as IMO, he is the best combo of shooter and passer on the roster. Gilbert was nearly 1 to 1 on A/TO where Pav was 1.5 to 1

Last edited:

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
I would be curious to know the average number of visits a transfer takes. Seems like a lot visit a school (probably knowing it's the most likely) and then commit shortly after the visit. Obviously not 100%, but I'd be curious how common that scenario is.

This year it's probable less than 1.5. on average. Most commit after their first visit. Becoming pretty rare to take more than two.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
The other guard spot was the hardest for me to pick.. I knew I wanted Lipsey out there because he is an incredible rebounder, excellent defender and he's experienced in the Big 12. I want Milan and Omaha on the floor as they are by far the most talented. Omaha can guard 1-5 and Milan may be the most talented scorer on the roster. A frontcourt of Milan and Omaha with 3 guards could get abused on the glass, so I went with Tre King to provide great rebounding. Tre also has the ability to stretch, create, and can guard a center at nearly 240#..

A lineup of Lipsey, Omaha, Milan, and Tre needs shooting and dribbling more than anything else, so I put PAV in the lineup as IMO, he is the best combo of shooter and passer on the roster. Gilbert was nealry 1 to 1 on A/TO where Pav was 1.5 to 1
Now you're makin' stuff up.

Haha, I'm just kidding. I like your detail! :)

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
That's really an irrelevant statement. Seven new players and no guarantee he even starts over Williams.
I’d be pretty surprised if Williams is good to go (full go) before mid December
Agree, or at the least, he will not yet be 100% (which is essentially what you just said), but will be playing. He just won't be playing yet to his full level, or as many minutes as he or we might like. It will take year two, post injury and surgical repair, for him to possibly get back to 100%. The chances are greater for that to happen, to have a great recovery result, in year 2. No guarantee, though. A torn or avulsed heel cord is no joke, a very tough injury.

I will be rooting for him, for sure, to eventually get there.

mikeiastat

Feb 1, 2007
Madison, WI
I'm interested to see how Tamin's offensive game takes the next step with shooters and other play making threats around him. I think he will be better and because of that, will be tough to take off the floor (again). His defense and rebounding from his position, with his playmaking ability on offense, makes him such a factor out there.
R5r

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Not sure if this counts, but someone in our conference dunked from the 3pt line

The limit, as of now, appears to be about the free throw line, to a few inches farther, at the most.

I would require being a little (lot) closer... and... a trampoline, and a... and a... :D

Reactions: NWICY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron