*** Official IOWA STATE vs Villanova Game(Day) Thread ***

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
I hope playing Nova today reiterates the importance of finding pure shooters either through recruiting or in the portal for ISU. Nova was outmatched in every facet of the game but was on the verge of winning due to basically drilling threes.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Also I hope to never see a lineup like we had on the court when they started their run again. Can't remember the exact lineup but zero threat on offense. No Osun, Holmes or Gabe.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I hope playing Nova today reiterates the importance of finding pure shooters either through recruiting or in the portal for ISU. Nova was outmatched in every facet of the game but was on the verge of winning due to basically drilling threes.
I wouldn't have minded dialing back the help side defense and the trapping a little bit and played a little more straight up. Seems like it lead to quite a few open looks on cross court passes in the second half. But that's nit picky and the staff is way smarter than me.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Look. Bottom line is, when your offensive plan is to try to get guys open for 3s who shoot under 30%, then you have a bad offensive plan. We have other options this year. We have pick and roll game. We have inside game. We have cutters. Why do we need to do this pass around the perimeter looking for Gabe and Grill to chuck up a bunch of airballs. Please for the love of god let that not be the ******* plan again.
No ****, if TJ thinks he is just going to waltz in here and take us to another Sweet 16 and expect us to take it as a fan base, he is sorely mistaken.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Look. Bottom line is, when your offensive plan is to try to get guys open for 3s who shoot under 30%, then you have a bad offensive plan. We have other options this year. We have pick and roll game. We have inside game. We have cutters. Why do we need to do this pass around the perimeter looking for Gabe and Grill to chuck up a bunch of airballs. Please for the love of god let that not be the ******* plan again.
I would hold on to your nuts.

Clone95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 13, 2019
TJ’s looking for guys that play D and gel together quickly, which is way more important than just looking at 1 facet of the game. The results are there to prove it’s successful. You said it yourself, we outmatched Nova in almost every facet of the game and WON, by the way.

Clone95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 13, 2019
Would you rather have shot better from 3 but been outmatched in every other facet of the game?

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Also I hope to never see a lineup like we had on the court when they started their run again. Can't remember the exact lineup but zero threat on offense. No Osun, Holmes or Gabe.
The lineup was Gabe, Grill, Jones, Lipsey, and Watson(?). Not a single scoring threat there. Yes, Gabe had a day, but he shot 19 times and 15 three pointers. He’s is not a good shooter, and 90% of the time he does that, it’s bad news for ISU. He was the one shooting the majority of those possessions. Not sure why Ward didn’t play much today either.

• Agree
Reactions: StLouisClone

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Because then I’m not looking at 3pt percentage and still saying his playing bad. Lol

And joking aside. Chucking up 3s is basically a turnover because we rarely get the rebound and we lose a possession. So continuing to shoot when you don't have it is not valuing the basketball.

I'd suggest taking another look at our rebounding stats.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Only if they play defense.

• Winner
Reactions: Malty Flannel

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron