*** Official IOWA STATE vs Villanova Game(Day) Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
The lineup was Gabe, Grill, Jones, Lipsey, and Watson(?). Not a single scoring threat there. Yes, Gabe had a day, but he shot 19 times and 15 three pointers. He’s is not a good shooter, and 90% of the time he does that, it’s bad news for ISU. He was the one shooting the majority of those possessions. Not sure why Ward didn’t play much today either.
The lineup was Gabe, Grill, Jones, Lipsey, and Watson(?). Not a single scoring threat there. Yes, Gabe had a day, but he shot 19 times and 15 three pointers. He’s is not a good shooter, and 90% of the time he does that, it’s bad news for ISU. He was the one shooting the majority of those possessions. Not sure why Ward didn’t play much today either.
I must've misremembered. I swear not even Gabe was out there.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Look. Bottom line is, when your offensive plan is to try to get guys open for 3s who shoot under 30%, then you have a bad offensive plan. We have other options this year. We have pick and roll game. We have inside game. We have cutters. Why do we need to do this pass around the perimeter looking for Gabe and Grill to chuck up a bunch of airballs. Please for the love of god let that not be the ******* plan again.

You should share this kind of expertise in an email to TJ and maybe he'll can Kyle Green and hire you in his place.

• Winner
  • Haha
Reactions: JCity and CyNews

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
I must've misremembered. I swear not even Gabe was out there.
He wasn’t. In that brief stretch Gabe, Holmes and Osun were out. It was Lipsey, Grill, Watson, Jones and Kunc. I think Kunc missed a wide open 3 and other than that good look it was empty possessions.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Look. Bottom line is, when your offensive plan is to try to get guys open for 3s who shoot under 30%, then you have a bad offensive plan. We have other options this year. We have pick and roll game. We have inside game. We have cutters. Why do we need to do this pass around the perimeter looking for Gabe and Grill to chuck up a bunch of airballs. Please for the love of god let that not be the ******* plan again.
Basketball is such an easy game from your couch, isn't it?

trevn

Jerome Tang Surveillance Team
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa

What are you talking about? We scored a ton of points in the paint today.

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
Forget about frittering away a 16 point lead. Almost every Iowa State team in the past loses this game in OT, but TJ has them wired differently. I don’t think you can overstate how critical it is to win this game against a big name program like Nova and then play #1 UNC versus losing and playing Portland. If we’re on the bubble in March this could easily be the difference in getting in. Made my long weekend, it’s downhill from here.

bustamoveisu

Sep 8, 2012
Why would we do that?
The
Because CF.

Someone called his rattled out 3 a 'STUPID missed shot' and the cause of Nova's coming back.

That poster was not around after Grill hit the 3 in OT that was kinda ******* yuge.
Really??!1 Pounding your chest after 1-10 (or whatever it was)shooting? Do you realize it wouldn't have been much of a game if he hadn't attempted the "STUPID" missed shot? Or made some 3's in regulation? And yes it was STUPID! Completely killed our rally. Stand down.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Forget about frittering away a 16 point lead. Almost every Iowa State team in the past loses this game in OT, but TJ has them wired differently. I don’t think you can overstate how critical it is to win this game against a big name program like Nova and then play #1 UNC versus losing and playing Portland. If we’re on the bubble in March this could easily be the difference in getting in. Made my long weekend, it’s downhill from here.
It’s a huge deal right now, mark it down when we get close to March for sure.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
I hope playing Nova today reiterates the importance of finding pure shooters either through recruiting or in the portal for ISU. Nova was outmatched in every facet of the game but was on the verge of winning due to basically drilling threes.

Your post as usual is stupid, outmatched in every other facet of the game, but yet our recruiting is a problem. Villanova was in the final 4 last year. We have 4 returning players this year and yet who outmatched who today?

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
The

Really??!1 Pounding your chest after 1-10 (or whatever it was)shooting? Do you realize it wouldn't have been much of a game if he hadn't attempted the "STUPID" missed shot? Or made some 3's in regulation? And yes it was STUPID! Completely killed our rally. Stand down.
Grill was 1-4 today from 3-point range; not great, but hardly 1-10 you stupid f*ck.

Looks like we know who the dumb, angry a$$hole uncle who gets really drunk and obnoxious at your family Thanksgiving is.

Last edited:

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Did you complain about your mom's gravy today too?
Just an observation and it started their run. Not trying to be an ass and am not bashing TJ. I'm sure he's still tweaking lineups. It's just a lineup that's going to really struggle against good teams at this point. I am very happy with the team and the performance but it's ok to talk about the game.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
There are many things about Lipseys game that makes me like him more for what we need him to do than Hunter.

Obviously Tyrese is a better scorer, probably a better defender as well. But I would expect Tamin is much more coachable, is a better teammate, he also plays hard on defense. His turnover numbers will likely be better and he will be a fine floor general for us. His offense will pick up because he is a worker and will only get better.

Maybe it’s a little lipstick on a pig but I have been really surprised by his play this early

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The

Why do you have it in for Grill?

Like, what's it like to have this sort of malicious intent toward a college student?

Kaner04

Apr 22, 2019
The

I’m sorry Iowa state won and Caleb hit a big shot in overtime