*** Official Kansas State vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I'm ticked too but Campbell could lose out the next few seasons. be fired and he will still go down as the best coach in ISU history. Who else has a first place conference finish, Fiesta Bowl win. and won the conference games he has? I'll hang up and listen.
Our fiesta bowl season was a farce. Strange unusual year with completely unnormal circumstances. We played 4-3 Oregon in it. We played big 12 teams who could barely field a team because of covid.

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Too bad. Deckers just looks lost out there at times. Play calling abysmal, offensive line no where to be found as usual. Count me not surprised I guess..... I know they're trying.. Go Cyclones.

Dekkers has regressed. We are tentative and scared on offense and it starts with him and Coach Manning.

• Winner
Reactions: casey1973

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
3-3 wouldn’t be the end of the world in a rebuild year but we’ve given away the last two. It seems as though our coaching staff has reached untouchable status in our athletic department. No accountability. Hopefully he can turn it around because this is beginning to look a bit too much like Paul Rhoads football.

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Our fiesta bowl season was a farce. Strange unusual year with completely unnormal circumstances. We played 4-3 Oregon in it. We played big 12 teams who could barely field a team because of covid.
Yup, just have to look at Indiana that year. A high-win season during COVID and... well, sucking since then.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Tough game to watch. Cyclone D is stellar again and even had good special teams play. But that offense is so tough to watch. I get the Dekkers is a young QB and still has things to learn, but it's unfathomable that we can't run the ball better with our experienced OL and stable of talented running backs.
We've had an experienced oline for how many years now? They are no good. Amazing what Montgomery and Hall could do even.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

I think ISU still beats those teams that season but not nearly as dominant and it would not be remembered as some other worldly team.

And the same things that cost them the Big 12 title game are still alive and well.

jaj040

Nut Cup Wearer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 21, 2015
If you can't score from the 50 yard lone , with a one point game on the line , multiple times. You need to fire the offensive staff at the end of the season. They can't evaluate talent, develop it or coach it.
Didn't even threaten to score

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
CMC is content to lose. As long as it’s close. He’s milking the salary at an easy job. Just like half of us are at our jobs.
That's where it appears we are. Been warning signs for years.

Execute, scheme, and always put up as many points as possible?

Or simply manage the game and hope for no mistakes?

Which would you prefer your team did?

Well, we have a lesser version of KF now in Ames.

This sucks, and isn't entertaining at all.

Offense just doesn't care, they know they are not being put in a positive position.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneErik

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I don't know. Right now they are in a 9-6 barn burner with Illinois with about 2 minutes left in the game.

And I'll be surprised if they don't get down to the 30.

They're also terrible but they tend to just find a way in these situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.