*** Official Kansas State vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewart092284

Sep 22, 2021
We might have the worst offense not run by the Iowa Hawkeyes I have ever seen - and I say that because of scheme, production and coaching.

We have scored four touchdowns in non-garbage time against power 5 teams (we scored 10 vs. Baylor down 31-14 when they probably relaxed a little) in four games

Two straight possessions near mid-field.
Slant to Hutchinson (three times)
Really short crossing route to Noel (Twice)
And a completely predictable run play.
Dekkers foot work looks terrible.
Hufford and Simmons are playing horribly. Hufford routinely gets beat inside and Simmons has discipline lapses.
Treibor is brutal at tackle IMO.
Dekkers either on his own or by coaching almost refuses to pass to people not named X or Noel.
X dropped a tough possible touchdown catch and then a 4th down catch.

Remsburg played the most minutes he has in two years and other than Downing he was IMO the second best offensive linemen we had. That's not good. We played Brock a lot and tried to run him a lot when he clearly wasn't healthy.

----------------

Kansas State's coach is a bald faced liar. Unless he's talking about our defensive scheme we don't have a good scheme.

--------------

Our kickers are good enough to get to a bowl game.
Our defense is certainly good enough to go to a bowl game.
Our offense is bad enough to go 3-9.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I'm ticked too but Campbell could lose out the next few seasons. be fired and he will still go down as the best coach in ISU history. Who else has a first place conference finish, Fiesta Bowl win. and won the conference games he has? I'll hang up and listen.

The 2020 season looks more and more like a fluke powered by other teams getting COVID

Iluvteak

Oct 5, 2019
This is honestly on CMC at this point. Not making adjustments on the offensive coaching staff.
CMC is content to lose. As long as it’s close. He’s milking the salary at an easy job. Just like half of us are at our jobs.

• Agree
Reactions: joefrog
Status
Not open for further replies.