TURNER A NO GO (Official)

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Re: MARTY TIRRELL - TURNER A NO GO

I don't think Gill is out until we name another coach. no one is out, no matter what they say, what their agents say, what their schools say, what some disc jockey says, or his dentist or anyone else until someone accepts the job. These things are always played very coy so in essence what people say to the public has no relationship to what is going on in private. They all have their own careers and schools to look out for and no own wants burned if they don't have to get burned.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site

I'm going to have a beer and take a nap. DeForest (and north basement for at least 10 years) here we come. Am I freaking out because we won't get Turner Gill? No. I'm freaking out because we have such a bad image that we can't get the coach at Buffalo (******* Buffalo) to come to Ames for 5x (at least) as much money as he was making in ******* BUFFALO.

Spam

May 21, 2008

Doesnt Buffalo have a bowl to focus on? I don't think a coach of integrity would be entertaining offers while preparing his team for a bowl.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com

I'm going to have a beer and take a nap. DeForest (and north basement for at least 10 years) here we come. Am I freaking out because we won't get Turner Gill? No. I'm freaking out because we have such a bad image that we can't get the coach at Buffalo (******* Buffalo) to come to Ames for 5x (at least) as much money as he was making in ******* BUFFALO.

Jeez! who knows if he said no. And who knows if Pollard actually offered him. Calm down and let JP do his job.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO

People...people, you automatically assume Gill is the one that said no. Didn't a report come out about Brewster reportedly said no to ISU? When in fact, he was never offered.

Coaches do this when they're no longer in the running - they quickly come out and say they're not interested, won't be taking the job, staying at X school, etc.

I'm not saying that is what happened here, but it happens very often.

akclone

Bookie
Nov 28, 2006

If Gill doesnt take this job he is gambling that they will have the same success next year. The stud RB Starks will return (I havent heard that he will leave early), but Buffalo loses its SR. QB. Not sure about the OL.

Or maybe it doesnt matter cause douchy auburn just hired a guy who went 5-19 in 2 years and owns a 10 game losing streak so anything is possible...

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO

Why dont we try and get Tubberville???

He stands to make a ton more money not coaching than he would if he coached pretty much anywhere.

Love the idea, but unless he's willing to get up a fat severance check - not gonna happen.

Most likely, he'll sit out and do analyst work and get doubly paid.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa

I don't think anyone is freaking out right now

And that's great. All I said earlier is to not freak out to those that really wanted him. I don't see why people are so upset that I said that. I guess I was wrong and people dind't freak out. Which is good!

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008

JP is knocking on this guys door:Kyle Whittingham

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com

And that's great. All I said earlier is to not freak out to those that really wanted him. I don't see why people are so upset that I said that. I guess I was wrong and people dind't freak out. Which is good!

pin a rose on your nose. you are a god and obviously psychic. and obviously marty saying an agent told him gill is a no means there is absolutely NO CHANCE gill could still be the guy. And obviously this means gill HAD TO BE Pollard's #1 choice. Give me a break.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny

People...people, you automatically assume Gill is the one that said no. Didn't a report come out about Brewster reportedly said no to ISU? When in fact, he was never offered.

Coaches do this when they're no longer in the running - they quickly come out and say they're not interested, won't be taking the job, staying at X school, etc.

I'm not saying that is what happened here, but it happens very often.

My thought is that Turner will be having a PC after practice, which means he probably hasn't talked with JP. So, although it's probably true that he's not coming, I bet JP will talk with him if he wants Gill badly enough.

My guess is that Gill was never his top pick. Just my thought.

H

HGPuck

Marty didn't get his information from Gill's agent, he got it from another site that reported it about noon. The problem is Marty ran with it more than what the actual report said. Gill is not out of the running until he officially announces he is. Which may or may not happen today or sometime soon. About all we know for sure is that according to Gill's agent there was contact made by Iowa State. May or may not be true and he may or may not be interested.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron