TURNER A NO GO (Official)

Lastplace

Oct 23, 2006
Re: MARTY TIRRELL - TURNER A NO GO

Listen..the guy has to come out and say something after the recent comments by Barkley saying that he personally told him over the phone that he was concerned he wouldnt get the Auburn job because he has a white wife. Barkely stuck his foot in his mouth and now a guy who is a hot coaching prospect needs to clear the air.

I predict a blah blah statement like: "I am 100% committed to Buffalo right now and our Bowl Game, etc"

If this guy is the guy that Pollard wants..I have a HARD time believing that he will turn down the $$

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO

Listen..the guy has to come out and say something after the recent comments by Barkley saying that he personally told him over the phone that he was concerned he wouldnt get the Auburn job because he has a white wife. Barkely stuck his foot in his mouth and now a guy who is a hot coaching prospect needs to clear the air.

I predict a blah blah statement like: "I am 100% committed to Buffalo right now and our Bowl Game, etc"

If this guy is the guy that Pollard wants..I have a HARD time believing that he will turn down the $$

Personally, I firmly believe the Barkley stuff in no way, shape or form helped us or Turner Gill.

Am I saying his comments led Pollard and/or Gill to not be interested? No. I simply feel Barkely didn't help with those comments.

Lastplace

Oct 23, 2006

Personally, I firmly believe the Barkley stuff in no way, shape or form helped us or Turner Gill.

I agree..but it is what it is. It was on ESPN and other major sporting news sites all day yesterday. The guy has to clear the air and that is what this presser is for IMO

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis

If he had any interest at all in the ISU job, wouldn't he wait another day or two before holding a press conference?

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA

Maybe Gill is the next Saban...

I'm not going to be the Iowa State coach, I don't know how I can say it any clearer, I don't think I need to answer it any more...

Then BAM, the new ISU coach!

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa

You'd have to be an idiot to think he was coming to ISU for sure. Thanks for being the emotion police.

Wow! Cranky people today. All I said was for people to not freak out when he turns ISU down.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO

Maybe Gill is the next Saban...

I'm not going to be the Iowa State coach, I don't know how I can say it any clearer, I don't think I need to answer it any more...
Then BAM, the new ISU coach!

You need to be clear that Gill has not said this yet, but you were just tossing out scenarios. Otherwise, people are gonna latch onto that comment. :wink:

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis

Am I saying his comments led Pollard and/or Gill to not be interested? No. I simply feel Barkely didn't help with those comments.

I thought the same exact thing when I heard Barkley's comments. He basically said that Gill should wait for a premier job. It also sounded like Barkley had been in contact with Gill.

We can thank Auburn for getting rid of Chizik for us, but we might have Barkley to blame for keeping Gill away from us.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron