Dobbins/Tate

muleboy09

Jan 14, 2007
Does anyone have a link to the picture of Tim Dobbins pulling Drew Tate down, while Dobbins is sitting on the ground? That is a classic ISU/UI rivalry picture if I have ever seen one and I would like to be able to print it out or use it as a screensaver. Thanks.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I don't have the original anymore, just an edited copy I created....

Pic4.jpg

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
when i edited that pic, i put the perfect storm, lincoln sucks iowa city blows

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
So many fond memories of this game. Iowa was like no. 5 and Tate a front runner for Heisman. Then he threw a horrible pick to Steve Paris and concussed himself trying to make a big hit on the return. Season went south from there.
Memories
I remember a bit of Hawk chatter of Drew Tate for Heisman at the beginning of the 2005 season. Some obnoxious fans were behind us at Jack Trice telling everyone around that he was going to light us up. Maybe a quarter thru the game and he throws a pick, tries to go for the tackle, and knocks himself out of the game. That love they had for him turned pretty quickly into calling him out for not being tough enough to stay in the game because the backup was atrocious. Iowa fans booing their QB is nothing new though.

• Haha
Reactions: Peter

erinmd32

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2015
I never had so much trash talked to me by random hawk fans who walked by in the tailgate lot. Grown adults talking trash. And I never talked so much trash after during and after game. Incredible!
Iowa fans also destroyed Welch that day.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
So many fond memories of this game. Iowa was like no. 5 and Tate a front runner for Heisman. Then he threw a horrible pick to Steve Paris and concussed himself trying to make a big hit on the return. Season went south from there.

This some great audio still pics from this game with clips of Iowa callers on sports talk radio before the game then audio from the game from Walters. It's a great listen.

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
I never had so much trash talked to me by random hawk fans who walked by in the tailgate lot. Grown adults talking trash. And I never talked so much trash after during and after game. Incredible!
Iowa fans also destroyed Welch that day.
What I remember about that game is all of the hawk fans were gone with ten minutes left in the game.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
I was in the Gateway lobby the night before, expressing concern for the outcome of the game. An old ISU fan said, “we’re gonna be fine.”

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron