*** Official Iowa State Season Thread ***

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
So either one of two things is going to happen.

We're going to knock off #2 Baylor.

We're going to blow (at least) a 15 point lead against #2 Baylor.

If anything is ever going to save Prohm or seal his fate, this situation is it.

I'd go with this if it was the 15 point lead with like 10 minutes left but 15 points in the first 10 minutes is nothing especially in today's game.

That said even a win is still the first win in late February.

blutarsky

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2010
St. Paul, MN
I see end of half/game offense is still fantastic. JFC. Baylor goes small and Clones don't give Conditt a post touch.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
We have either been tied (0-0) or led for an entire half.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I expect a full on blowout in the second half, but a great half from Harris. His best game as a cyclone so far. Shot great and played well on defense.

What's his handle like? Put him at the one and let Bolton cut and curl.

Go crazy Steve.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
BS - they haven't played in a month and it's a single game. You never overreact and fire a guy for losing a single game and you never retain a guy for winning a single game. 1-13 doesn't look much different from 0-14.

Besides, I think we still lose by 15.

It all depends how Baylor responds to our inevitable 10 minute or longer scoring drought.
They could win by 30.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I do not expect this to last, but for a 2-win team to have a halftime lead at the undefeated #2 ranked team in the nation is quite frankly mind-boggling.

Seriously, good for our guys, no matter what happens in the 2nd half.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Baylor will win by 15 plus. Scott Drew making adjustments, Prohm will just hope Harris stays hot
1000%. I admire these young men for continuing to play hard I really do but I unfortunately already know Drew is making every adjustment and Prohm is trying to pump up pace of play and the 3 man weave while competing for 40 minutes the right way cause he has no idea what else to do...lose by double digits

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
This is at least fun to watch but so many of our shots come from 1 on 1 stuff that it's impossible to maintain for an entire half, let alone the whole game.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
BS - they haven't played in a month and it's a single game. You never overreact and fire a guy for losing a single game and you never retain a guy for winning a single game. 1-13 doesn't look much different from 0-14.

Besides, I think we still lose by 15.

And if you don't want to blame the covid situation, you could also easily ask 'so where was this during the first 13 games?'. A team talented enough to beat #2 Baylor is a team talented enough to not be sitting 0-fer in conference play this late in the season.

• Winner
Reactions: Jer and chadly82

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I think what's most painful is that there are times this year when certain players show they can be decent but never do it for more than a half. Collectively, we even look like we could win a few games. But then the season to date makes it painfully obvious that a lot of it comes down to a lack of coaching and adjustments, lack of development, and misses on recruiting evaluations. Those all come down to coaching.

Yes, we look good for a half against #2, but they haven't played in nearly a month and a 17 point lead collapsed to 5 points in a matter of 4-5 minutes. Based on what we've seen nearly every game this season, we will fail to adjust at half and go on a 10 minute stretch without scoring.

Unfortunately, even if we win out on the regular season, I don't see how that can all be overlooked. Change needs to happen at the end of the year or we're throwing in the towel for the next 5 years.

Help Support Us

Become a patron