*** Official Iowa State Season Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
So either one of two things is going to happen.

We're going to knock off #2 Baylor. No

We're going to blow (at least) a 15 point lead against #2 Baylor. Yes

If anything is ever going to save Prohm or seal his fate, this situation is it. No

Games are 40 minutes. We lose. Track record, simple math. Glad we are playing a good half, but... We are not a good shooting team. Baylor will adjust.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
This is at least fun to watch but so many of our shots come from 1 on 1 stuff that it's impossible to maintain for an entire half, let alone the whole game.

And Baylor, to their credit, just kept at what they know and kept their cool.

I'd like to see them play Michigan at some point as they both operate like that.

Reactions: heitclone

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
Just curious how they're going to treat Covid issues. Baylor's in position for a 1 seed, but we would be a bad loss for them, unfortunately.

Changes nothing if BU continues to win after this. An aberration. And I expect Baylor to win, but I'm happy to see the Clones put up a fight.

• Agree
Reactions: Snydes and Cyched

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
And Baylor, to their credit, just kept at what they know and kept their cool.

I'd like to see them play Michigan at some point as they both operate like that.

Well, to be fair, we keep at what we know. Unfortunately, our recipe ends in a fruit cake every time while theirs ends in an orgy at the Victoria Secret fashion show.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Whom among us has money riding on Baylor coming back to win by 20+?

Whom among us has money riding on ISU not getting blown out?

I really don't know which group I'd rather be in.

Reactions: Drew0311

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Remember when we all used to make of of Drew for not being able to coach. Yeah that was a long time ago

He's also adapted the style to his players. Used to have that slow methodical lull you to sleep offense and zone defense iirc.