Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
And a U of I alum, and huge Hawkeye fan, as is Brown.

By bringing this suit, they’re burning a big bridge. This tells me that they believe they can win a massive settlement. And if they have that kind of confidence, there is major substance to these claims.
Wow. When I saw that tweet, I was thinking 'good luck with that', but if Parrish is involved, that isn't good for Iowa.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Surprised AP isn’t conflicted out. Thought he repped the university previously.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I know but Iowa will try to settle so they can keep Kirk who then will keep Brian. They know they're at fault here

Yep.... standard protocol for Barta..... settle for millions and millions of dollars out of court.... and then give KF another huge raise on top of it for several more millions..... when you already just took out a 75 million dollar loan.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
I do hope this goes to trial so we can hear both sides of the story. If found guilty, Iowa needs to clean house.

It won’t go to trial because Iowa doesn’t want the football program to go through discovery. Sometimes they find stuff that makes the program look bad even if it isn’t related to the case. See Hugh Freeze.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

May 7, 2020
It won’t go that far. They will settle for about a million a piece and a no comment to get them to go away.

This, insurance company won't want to go to trial. But if they do settle there will be other players coming for a settlement.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I wonder if Barta took into account that these lawsuits would probably be coming when he took out the 75 million dollar loan? If not, he probably should have taken out a 100 million dollar loan or more instead.

• Haha
Reactions: motorcy90
Status
Not open for further replies.