MLB season on the verge of shutting down.

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
The difference between the NFL and MLB is that the NFL will just play through COVID.

I think the difference is that the structure of the Sunday/Monday games will make it easier to screen and react. With everyone playing on the same schedule and once a week, I think there is a better chance to have everyone take a test on Friday or Saturday. Positive and you're out, but the game continues. Might need a second test during the week to prevent outbreaks.

The big thing is that you need a plan. MLB had 170 pages talking about spitting and showering, but nothing about how to react. Hopefully the NFL takes note of how quickly that turns into a **** show.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
A third of the games scheduled for today are postponed, not ideal.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
At the minimum they should have had an Arizona and Florida bubble using existing Spring Training facilities.

Minimal travel and generally a sequestering of players and necessary staff. Right now you are flying from city to city only to be met by a whole new local staff specific to that team's home park.

I had the pleasure of talking to an MLB umpire two weeks ago while they were training and he decided to stay at my neighbor's house while the other umpires stayed at a hotel 45 minutes away. They could fly or drive to get here, but when the season started they would fly commercial. They had been tested, but he had just been to the liquor store, talked to me outside and was about to go carryout dinner. There is no way to know what the rest of his crew were doing either.

Unless they tighten up their bubble, this might be short lived.

• Dumb
Reactions: 3rdCoastClone

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I think the difference is that the structure of the Sunday/Monday games will make it easier to screen and react. With everyone playing on the same schedule and once a week, I think there is a better chance to have everyone take a test on Friday or Saturday. Positive and you're out, but the game continues. Might need a second test during the week to prevent outbreaks.

The big thing is that you need a plan. MLB had 170 pages talking about spitting and showering, but nothing about how to react. Hopefully the NFL takes note of how quickly that turns into a **** show.

Was there ever any sort of plan or idea to pull up players from the minors?

I'd bet if the NFL wants to keep things rolling they're going to need to pull up practice squad players.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Was there ever any sort of plan or idea to pull up players from the minors?

I'd bet if the NFL wants to keep things rolling they're going to need to pull up practice squad players.
This is why they expanded the roster. The problem is an extended roster does you no good if you aren't playing games.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Watching twins/Indians. Some indians wear masks, some done, some wear them as chin guards. Haven’t seen any twins wear them outside the dugout. In the dugout it’s many but not all. Rules must be by organization.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Watching twins/Indians. Some indians wear masks, some done, some wear them as chin guards. Haven’t seen any twins wear them outside the dugout. In the dugout it’s many but not all. Rules must be by organization.

I believe on the field and in the dugout, it’s up to each individual.