The Official "I want snow on saturday" thread...

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
It's our only shot to beat these guys. I would not at all mind a cold day with some snow (no blizzard, as I'd rather not go in the ditch, I guess I have places to stay in Ames). For some reason I love the idea of getting all bundled up, partying hard for a few hours and then screaming my lungs out. We might not have a chance in hell on saturday, and it's GONNA be cold, but I'm not going to shortchange my self on the last opportunity to tailgate at the Jack until late August...

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Ice might be better and gusty 30s. Make it tough for tailgating and the ducks.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Just posted another thread. I don't think you will see snow, but you will see 40-45mph wind gusts and wind chills in the single digits.

Not gonna be fun out there for anyone.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
I'm all for it. My last game as a student... might as well be memorable!

Cydar

Apr 2, 2006
It's our only shot to beat these guys. I would not at all mind a cold day with some snow (no blizzard, as I'd rather not go in the ditch, I guess I have places to stay in Ames). For some reason I love the idea of getting all bundled up, partying hard for a few hours and then screaming my lungs out. We might not have a chance in hell on saturday, and it's GONNA be cold, but I'm not going to shortchange my self on the last opportunity to tailgate at the Jack until late August...

In 1985 we beat #7 Oklahoma St. 15-10 in Ames. The game was in November and it was COLD!!

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Just posted another thread. I don't think you will see snow, but you will see 40-45mph wind gusts and wind chills in the single digits.

Not gonna be fun out there for anyone.

How the heck can anyone throw more than 4 yard passes? Yep. There you go. Lots of running and bunch the line Cyclones. The poor cameraman will think they went to Alaska. Time to try out those enclodsd press boxes. I assume the wind will be out of the North. Hint hint. Santa Claus is coming to Ames, Tough Rain.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
IF we were to pull the upset this Saturday, I think you'll have a great story for the rest of your life on how you were one of the few and proud to be there that day.

Trust me...there will be many that do not have the gonads for Saturday's weather.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Missouri is the Show Me State. Then Iowa is the Snow Me State. Daniels will need to bring his cousin Jack to stay warm.

Balrog

Sep 17, 2008
Des Moines
IF we were to pull the upset this Saturday, I think you'll have a great story for the rest of your life on how you were one of the few and proud to be there that day.

Trust me...there will be many that do not have the gonads for Saturday's weather.

Well, I had PLANNED on bringing my sister and my girlfriend. :biglaugh:

Last edited:

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
My girlfriend says she still wants to go, but I'm trying to talk her out of it. It's men-weather this weekend, and despite her best intentions, I know she can't make it out there....