4-23-20 Big Board Update: Adding two names for Iowa State

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
I mean, the “warm body” would at least be better than a walk on, and we kind of need guys for practice and depth.

Obviously it’s less than ideal, and I don’t think we are at that stage yet.

Jeff Hornacek was a "walk on" and I think that turned out pretty well.

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
Lewis yes, he was hyped initially as a freshman, but he became a hot topic of debate this year and was actually loathed by many. Hard to say what Grill's career would've revealed about how we all felt about him, but this year as an unproven, raw, and struggling freshman, fans clamored for him to play more and get minutes over guys like Lewis and Griffin despite the fact he was providing nothing on offense and usually a target to pick on defensively by the opposition. I think he got more of a pass due to being more relatable, or perhaps for allegedly being an ISU fan prior to committing. Whatever it was, something endeared him to the fanbase more than I thought was warranted.
It was called "hustle", which he did whenever he was on the floor.

Last edited:

every_yard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2006
Harris put up some big numbers against solid opponents his freshman year (LSU & Texas Tech among others). He can definitely help us.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
Not a Harris fan but got to start somewhere I guess.

Yeah, he doesn't have any skills that the team needs. Who wants a player who as a sophomore averaged 8.7 points whose 59 3-pointers led the team and ranked fifth for treys made by a sophomore in school history. Oh yeah, he also made The American's All-Freshman Team after scoring in double figures 19 times and lead the team in 3-pointers made.

No way he can make a contribution to the team.

clone4good

Oct 27, 2009
I’m not getting my hopes up till he commits lol. But Harris provides everything we need. I watched his highlight videos at Memphis and the biggest thing that popped out to me was that he has attitude. Like talk smack attitude. EXACTLY what this freaking team needs. He also looks like a leader. Haliburton type leader. Someone that’s going to be the voice to the team throughout the season. Again, exactly what this team needs. Hope we get him.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
I’m not getting my hopes up till he commits lol. But Harris provides everything we need. I watched his highlight videos at Memphis and the biggest thing that popped out to me was that he has attitude. Like talk smack attitude. EXACTLY what this freaking team needs. He also looks like a leader. Haliburton type leader. Someone that’s going to be the voice to the team throughout the season. Again, exactly what this team needs. Hope we get him.
Everything we need? If he has everything we need, he’d be a pg.

But we have room to try things.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Yeah, he doesn't have any skills that the team needs. Who wants a player who as a sophomore averaged 8.7 points whose 59 3-pointers led the team and ranked fifth for treys made by a sophomore in school history. Oh yeah, he also made The American's All-Freshman Team after scoring in double figures 19 times and lead the team in 3-pointers made.

No way he can make a contribution to the team.

And this was done in just 20 mpg,a stat in which he was 8th on the team. With starter level minutes, he'd easily have averaged double figures.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron