I predict Pollard will seize the moment and Extend Campbell...

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
Code Red! DefCon 1!

It's Monday after the end of the regular season and the contract extension has yet to be announced!

Where is the flight tracker thread?

We need to track CMC and all of his assistants going on "recruiting" trips.

Gentlemen we need to man our battle stations!

(Am I doing this right?)

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Yeah after ISU's futile history I had hoped our fans would avoid acting entitled once we had some success. I guess I'm just a dreamer.

It’s really shameful how bad some of these “fans” have become.

when we lose, I feel bad for the players and coaches. The ones who lay it on the line, and put in the time.

I don’t feel bad for very many of the fans tho. They don’t deserve it.

Dolokaju

Jun 8, 2006
I get what you're saying but, do we really need to do this after every season? We just gave him an extension and he's indicated that he and his family are happy here. I say hold off for now
I’d vote yes. Better to be proactive than potentially lose him

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
JP knows very well that the next 2-3 years isu and big 12 is at a generational crossroads and JP knows that the absolute Most important thing...by far... is having a winning Fball program. Keeping CMC thru next big 12 TV negotiations is the “Earl Bruce” moment 40 years later.. JP has said as much.

I have no clue why anyone would care if cmc got a raise or extension..Every single isu fan should fully support any raise or extension CMC gets..

how many good fball coaches have we not hired bc we simply wouldn’t open the checkbook.

Excellent post. ISU must keep this staff for a long time.

For the offensive coaching staff, things I would like for them to work on:

Offensively, they need to take a long look at our 3rd down play calling during the off season. It was the Achilles heal to this offense all year, especially when ISU got to their own 30 yard line.

I think ISU converted 38% of 3rd downs all year. Ranks somewhere around 80th in the country. That is not going to get the job done.

Another thing I noticed all year, and maybe others that were down on the field a couple of times could correct me, but I thought Purdy's cadence seemed off/or predictable. Teams teed off on us all the time on third down all year, making it difficult to convert. Especially the good teams that we lost to. Got to clean that up offensively. Teams got an edge on us for some reason on 3rd down. It's the little things at times that need corrected.

All in all, ISU had a ton of chances this year to elevate the program, especially as it is year 4 for this coaching staff. **** happens. The culture has been changed though, and that should be a breath of fresh air for our fan-base. ISU is super competitive and really has talent and coaching that can win this conference. Removing anyone from the coaching staff at this point is completely absurd.

I think the coaching staff loves being in Ames too. Most of them have young kids and they all get together for games and are close, so they really have that family feel together. That is an important aspect. They're still a young staff that is playing in a big time conference too. They took their lumps this year, but ISU still had some shots to elevate that W/L column if some bounces went our way.

Travel for New Years and support this team. Have a blast. Go win the bowl game!

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
A big bump in pay for the staff would be well deserved. The market rate for this staff is a lot higher than what we’re paying, so I hope JP can get something done.

• Winner
Reactions: Cat Stevens

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
It’s really shameful how bad some of these “fans” have become.

when we lose, I feel bad for the players and coaches. The ones who lay it on the line, and put in the time.

I don’t feel bad for very many of the fans tho. They don’t deserve it.
giphy.gif

• Funny
Reactions: CloneFan4

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Conventional thinking says that you need to give your head coach a raise and extension to show the recruits that he is staying.

However, as long as a coach has more than a few years on his contract, it could be argued that not taking a raise and extension is a stronger statement that the coach is staying.

I could see Campbell in a recruit's home talking about all the other coaches who take a big raise and still jump at the next offer of a bigger paycheck, but "I put my money where my mouth is in terms of being committed to players I recruit because we are building something special in Ames, Iowa."

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Guy (Husker fan) says Campbell is interviewing for FSU and USC but I can't find any confirmation or source for this on Twitter. I assume he's just dumb and making crap up.

Any one else see this??

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Guy (Husker fan) says Campbell is interviewing for FSU and USC but I can't find any confirmation or source for this on Twitter. I assume he's just dumb and making crap up.

Any one else see this??
No.

And Matt Campbell at either of those schools would be an odd fit.

JRE1975

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 12, 2006
Lakewood Ranch, FL

Any one else see this??

I have been looking at the FSU and Arkansas sites and both have very unofficial rumors that Campbell said no to both of them and is out of the picture. It has been entertaining to read these sites. Both sites think the AD's need to help Campbell (and other potential hires) get a SEC quality coaching staff! I think it is funny to think that Campbell would ever go anywhere that told him who he had to hire for his coaching staff!

I don't know about USC, I don't think they have fired the coach yet, and I think that would be by far the strangest fit for Campbell and his staff.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron