Status
Not open for further replies.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Have to be at work early tomorrow.

NOT looking forward to the drive.

:confused::eek::(

That drive...was not fun. But, got to work in one piece. Can't say the same about some cars I saw on my way home.

as long as she was due about now, those are mostly good things. Little early to break water but maybe she wasn't moving along as they wanted.

Former Olympic gymnast Shawn Johnson and her husband just had their first baby. She was induced about a week past her due date. She went on to have a c-section basically because of her gymnastic background. Sounds like tendons/muscles in her hips weren't allowing her pelvis to expand. Baby girl ended up being 8 lbs 2 oz. They named her Drew Hazel.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
That drive...was not fun. But, got to work in one piece. Can't say the same about some cars I saw on my way home.

Former Olympic gymnast Shawn Johnson and her husband just had their first baby. She was induced about a week past her due date. She went on to have a c-section basically because of her gymnastic background. Sounds like tendons/muscles in her hips weren't allowing her pelvis to expand. Baby girl ended up being 8 lbs 2 oz. They named her Drew Hazel.

saw that over the weekend too, basically a day of labor with no progress.......not uncommon with inductions. I get why with her being overdue but man, sometimes babies are stubborn and like nah I'm good in here.

• Agree
Reactions: SaraV

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
saw that over the weekend too, basically a day of labor with no progress.......not uncommon with inductions. I get why with her being overdue but man, sometimes babies are stubborn and like nah I'm good in here.

Both of ours were induced. LittleWx was just shy of 20 hours from starting inducing stuff to delivery and LilMissWx was at least 12 if not 14...can't remember exactly when they started.

• Informative
Reactions: cowgirl836

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Both of ours were induced. LittleWx was just shy of 20 hours from starting inducing stuff to delivery and LilMissWx was at least 12 if not 14...can't remember exactly when they started.

I was induced with #3 because she was a few days overdue and she was running out of amniotic fluid and needed to be delivered. She was my quickest and easiest labor. I probably started around 8am and I think she was born shortly after noon.

Reactions: wxman1

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I'll just go to the kitchen and boil some water or something.

source.gif

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
I was induced with #3 because she was a few days overdue and she was running out of amniotic fluid and needed to be delivered. She was my quickest and easiest labor. I probably started around 8am and I think she was born shortly after noon.

Nephew #2 was supposed to be a scheduled induction. But, SIL woke up to already being in labor. So, they reported to the hospital at 6a all "Scheduled for induction, but already in labor." Think N2 was born in the 11a hour, so quick labor.

So....apparently Ive been an uncle for 4.5 hours. Sounds like sister and little man are doing well.

Yay!

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Lester Holt did a piece on the NBC news tonight that brought back memories. It was about a young man named Neal Carpenter whose parents had named him for a man they never knew.

My bracelet had the name of Lt Col Roger Ingvalson, who was shot down in 1968 and was MIA. I wore that bracelet all through high school. Ingvalson returned to the US with one of the first batches of POWs in 1973. I sent him my bracelet with a welcome home card. Old memories...and so many that did NOT come home.
Today was a day for remembering those who served and/or are serving still.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
how is he doing? Wife said it happened a section over or behind them, (I was working and the wife is oblivious to everything but her phone).

Not really sure, just saw the name today since they released it in the paper.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
While laying in bed last night I realized 20 years ago at that time my grandma was passing away. I was nine at the time so I spent some time trying to come up with memories I had of her. Can only come up with a handful of small ones but I remember that night and the following days fairly vividly.

One thing I am thankful for was she had written somewhat of an autobiography starting in her youth and continuing through her life. She stopped a few months short of her sudden death so my grandpa finished it. One thing I want to do is find a way to digitize that and have my parents write their own as well. Think it would be a cool thing for the family to have.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
While laying in bed last night I realized 20 years ago at that time my grandma was passing away. I was nine at the time so I spent some time trying to come up with memories I had of her. Can only come up with a handful of small ones but I remember that night and the following days fairly vividly.

One thing I am thankful for was she had written somewhat of an autobiography starting in her youth and continuing through her life. She stopped a few months short of her sudden death so my grandpa finished it. One thing I want to do is find a way to digitize that and have my parents write their own as well. Think it would be a cool thing for the family to have.
Do it. Absolutely do it!

My father was a letter writer, and my mother & grandmother saved ALL of them from college to home, from WWII to home and to my mother, and then again from college to home and to my mother. He also kept many of their letters to him at college, and even a few he received while serving in the European Theater from 1944-46. When my grandmother died, my mother took her box of letters. When my mother died and my father remarried & moved into his new wife's home, my sister took all of the boxes of letters as my stepmother "didn't have room" for most of his stuff. (He got to bring his clothes & his one favorite chair, which was banished to a room in the basement where he would go to watch TV).
About 6 months before my father turned 80, my sisters & I got the same idea you did. They very painstakingly typed all of his letters into MS word files, complete with mispelled words and typos (the ones he wrote from college were nearly all typed). They sent those files to me and I compiled them in date order, using different fonts for the different authors. I used pictures from the different years as "chapter covers". We had the whole thing printed up and bound, and we gave a copy to him, to each of his grandkids, to his brother & a couple of his brothers kids that were close to him, and each of us kept a copy.

We probably could have scanned them all and done it that way, but they were hard to read at times. We did scan the drawings he had made (cartoons, maps, etc) and included them in the book. The book gave my sons a fascinating look into my father's youth and service.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
What did I miss? Where did this happen?
Last home game, a guy fell from the upper deck (section V, I think) into the crowd on the lower deck. He was taken to the hospital (broken leg plus other stuff, iirc), and the two people he fell on were also injured. I don't know if they were just treated on scene or were also transported to the hospital. I think they said he wasn't drunk - was just dancing or celebrating & lost his balance.

Edit: here's the thread...
https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/th...u-edition-guy-falling-from-upper-deck.252069/

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: VeloClone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Do it. Absolutely do it!

My father was a letter writer, and my mother & grandmother saved ALL of them from college to home, from WWII to home and to my mother, and then again from college to home and to my mother. He also kept many of their letters to him at college, and even a few he received while serving in the European Theater from 1944-46. When my grandmother died, my mother took her box of letters. When my mother died and my father remarried & moved into his new wife's home, my sister took all of the boxes of letters as my stepmother "didn't have room" for most of his stuff. (He got to bring his clothes & his one favorite chair, which was banished to a room in the basement where he would go to watch TV).
About 6 months before my father turned 80, my sisters & I got the same idea you did. They very painstakingly typed all of his letters into MS word files, complete with mispelled words and typos (the ones he wrote from college were nearly all typed). They sent those files to me and I compiled them in date order, using different fonts for the different authors. I used pictures from the different years as "chapter covers". We had the whole thing printed up and bound, and we gave a copy to him, to each of his grandkids, to his brother & a couple of his brothers kids that were close to him, and each of us kept a copy.

We probably could have scanned them all and done it that way, but they were hard to read at times. We did scan the drawings he had made (cartoons, maps, etc) and included them in the book. The book gave my sons a fascinating look into my father's youth and service.

I have my dad's letters home from WWII. I need to scan them and assemble a pdf document for them. Lots of typed letters when he had access to a typewriter so easy reading. He was a company clerk (explains access to typewriter) and bus/ambulance/truck driver until just before D-Day when they made him a combat medic. "Here, read this U.S. Army pamphlet on being a medic!" After that they weren't typed until things settled down in September and he could access a typewriter.

June 1, 1944 "Somewhere in England" (typed)
June 6, 1944 "Somewhere in England" (typed)
June 12, 1944 "Somewhere in France" (handwritten in pencil) :rolleyes:

dads june 1944 letters cf scale.png

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I suppose if I am going to the ISU happy hour tonight that I should think about getting out of pajamas and shaving and whatnot. :rolleyes:

#slothday

Status
Not open for further replies.