Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I have learned more stuff about breastfeeding and the process than I thought I would ever need to know. All that is fine, except for the fact that its my SISTER.
May I ask how you are learning all this vital info? Listening? Watching? Hands-on?
(Sorry, that last question was not appropriate in this company.)

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I have learned more stuff about breastfeeding and the process than I thought I would ever need to know. All that is fine, except for the fact that its my SISTER.

this is probably reason #5 I didn't let anyone visit at the hospital, lol. Don't need an audience.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
My mood this morning...
75266079_2608978179323799_1967110152737783808_n.jpg

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
@Cyclones_R_GR8

I'm so very glad you listened to your instincts and headed east this week...that was a blessing for both you and your mother. My sympathies to you.

I expect to be getting that call sooner rather than later after a scare last Sunday morning. All is well now, but the calls are becoming more frequent.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
this is probably reason #5 I didn't let anyone visit at the hospital, lol. Don't need an audience.

I can honestly say seeing the nurses help MrsWx with that (touching, supporting etc.) was oddly the weirdest part of the experience for me. Just go from being such a private thing to yup it's out here for everyone to see.

• Agree
Reactions: BuffettClone

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I can honestly say seeing the nurses help MrsWx with that (touching, supporting etc.) was oddly the weirdest part of the experience for me. Just go from being such a private thing to yup it's out here for everyone to see.
I understand - even as a mom, it’s just not what I (usually) need to see with DD and the grand babies.

Reactions: wxman1

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009

and I get that the nurses do this literally all day but it's a little weird when they just start grabbing without asking. Like hold on, how about you buy me a drink first?!?! One of my nurses was very aggressive in that manner.

and then some family is like "oh it's fine, you can do that in front of us, we don't mind!" Ummmm but I do sooooooooo....

• Winner
  • Funny
Reactions: IcSyU and wxman1

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
and I get that the nurses do this literally all day but it's a little weird when they just start grabbing without asking. Like hold on, how about you buy me a drink first?!?! One of my nurses was very aggressive in that manner.

and then some family is like "oh it's fine, you can do that in front of us, we don't mind!" Ummmm but I do sooooooooo....
I have several DILs that are hugely pro-nursing, as am I. One, though...she whipped it out in the middle of our NYE party one year. While I have no problem with her nursing like that around me, we had a mix of guests, about 30 in all, and many of them were clearly uncomfortable with it. I mean, some women can be nursing and you don't even know it's happening. Nope. She lifted up her sweater, unfastened her bra, and laid it out on a pillow. God bless one of our daughters who quietly brought a shawl over and draped her slightly to reduce the amount of exposure. There's a balance...

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well it's been interesting I thought my well had frozen but it usually takes an extended below zero streak for that to happen but the lid wasn't quite square so I thought probable. Ended up I was only getting 110 V to the well, clear back at the main fuse box one of the bottom terminals had worked loose over time tightened it up and have water again it was a tough one to figure out though intermittent problems are the hardest to figure out.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
My wife had some friends of hers over this one time when I was in the field. Came home earlier than normal and made a quick line to my bedroom (which is right inside the garage door. Walk in and there is one of her friends with her bweebs hanging out. Caught me a little off guard, then she says, just feeding “Jenny” as she raises a kid up to her chest. I just spun around and headed downstairs.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
My wife had some friends of hers over this one time when I was in the field. Came home earlier than normal and made a quick line to my bedroom (which is right inside the garage door. Walk in and there is one of her friends with her bweebs hanging out. Caught me a little off guard, then she says, just feeding “Jenny” as she raises a kid up to her chest. I just spun around and headed downstairs.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

Were they nice?

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I don't have any strong opinions about breastfeeding, but the women who do it as some sort of act of feminist rebellion is a little much. I mean if you want to nurse in public you do you, but you're not emma goldman or something. You're just making most other people uncomfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.