In the Stands OSU Edition: Guy falling from upper deck

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Buddy called me and said his nieces were sitting in his seats and some guy fell from the upper deck onto the people seated behind them. Two were stretchered out.

Anyone see this?

Got other stories?

Edit: From posts below the guy was hurt, maybe badly

Last edited:

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
WRNL tweeted it so it sounds legit.
(As weird as that sounds)

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
We are on the east lower level and saw someone in the upper deck student section leaning way over and wondered if he might fall but never saw it happen.

• Funny
Reactions: cycl144

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I just want to know how this even happens. Too drunk I assume but I guess it’s possible that’s not the reason why

If someone stumbled I could see it happening. Haven't been in the upper deck in a long time but seem to remember not being that impressed with the railing at the bottom of the steps.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
What a strange year. Between rain delays, Iowa's band running over our fans and accusing them of abuse, and now this. Just a very strange year.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Happened in front of my parents who were sitting on the south end of the club, so can confirm it happened..

Definitely some times ive looked at the upper deck and seen people leaning over in ways that seemed unsafe before, but i dont think anyone had fallen over. Now that someone's actually fallen, wonder if they might have to make some changes up there.

AmesCloneFan

Aug 17, 2008
Ames
Buddy called me and said his nieces were sitting in his seats and some guy fell from the upper deck onto the people seated behind them. Two were stretchered out. Dumb ass wasn't. Apparently the people he fell on cushioned his fall.

Anyone see this?

Got other stories?

Yes it happened, but your account is incorrect. One lady was injured but walked herself to medical attention. The guy that fell was carried out on a stretcher.

CarterCloneFan

Dec 3, 2018
Check out wide right natty lite twitter account’s tweets about it. Had a little more detail in the replies. Sounded like it was good bystanders acted quickly or it could’ve been much worse.

JayV

Really Big Member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2012
Guy was in section V, closer to south end than north. Was in front row when he fell. Lots of police up there afterwards taking accounts and statements.

• Informative
Reactions: khardbored

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Happened in front of my parents who were sitting on the south end of the club, so can confirm it happened..

Definitely some times ive looked at the upper deck and seen people leaning over in ways that seemed unsafe before, but i dont think anyone had fallen over. Now that someone's actually fallen, wonder if they might have to make some changes up there.

Meh one drunk guy (probably, hopefully it wasn't a medical emergency of some type) in the 40+ yrs of the stadium. It sucks for him but it's hardly the stadiums fault. If you raise the railings your going to interfere with more peoples views. Accidents happen.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Meh one drunk guy (probably, hopefully it wasn't a medical emergency of some type) in the 40+ yrs of the stadium. It sucks for him but it's hardly the stadiums fault. If you raise the railings your going to interfere with more peoples views. Accidents happen.

Eh, for 30 of those 40 years the stadium was sparse enough it might be considered less of an issue.

Seems like a liability issue. If its never happened before, easy to say 'how could we expect that'. Now that its happened, if it happens again it could be a decent-sized lawsuit especially if the person below is more seriously injured.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

Totally agree.... but just watch them have to install railings all along there to block everyone's view now because of one incident.

It's like that where I work. One incident happens, and you have to change everything to all but guarantee it won't ever happen again.

• Agree
Reactions: brycy

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Weird day, I drank way too much and am realizing I don’t remember much about today, I guess if there was a day to forget, today was the day. Sorry to those in section 12. I’m a moron.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Weird day, I drank way too much and am realizing I don’t remember much about today, I guess if there was a day to forget, today was the day. Sorry to those in section 12. I’m a moron.

When I was in school one game the stadium started to spin, I went home and slept that one off.

• Funny
Reactions: dirtyninety

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I want to say this isn’t the first time.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron