Nebraska’s schedule too difficult for Scott Frost

becrisgreg

Apr 11, 2006
Omaha
I live in Nebraska and I dont know any Husker fans who DOESN'T have crazy expectations for Forat and the team at this point. And I would guess that I know a very large pool of "average Nebraska fans".

As a fellow wrong side of the Missouri River person, I corrected your statement. Their isn't a living "average UNL fan" who thought they would win less than 8 games, most expected 10-2. Now this point in the season, reality may be setting in. However, come next spring they once again will be planing their trips to bowl games and the B1G championship game?

Lineup

Jan 7, 2017
It’s funny to make fun of him and Nebby about this but he’s right - there is no rhyme or reason behind cross division scheduling in the B1G. It’s really odd.
it is because the east division has all the best and strong teams , west really sucks they need to send Penn St. and Michigan Sta. to the west

CyOps

Jul 12, 2010
Lincoln
Frost want to bring the team back to the glory days of the 90's. When players were tough and didn't wear hoodies during warmups.

“I told them ‘just OK never existed in the locker room that I was in when I was at Nebraska,'” Frost said. “I want guys that live and die for it that want to be great and are tough. I don’t want guys that go out in Minnesota with hoodies on everything for warmups. That just says to me that ‘just OK is enough.’ You got ridiculed or beat up when I was playing if you did that. We gotta keep getting tougher. We gotta keep getting more talent in here. And we gotta keep working. We’re just OK right now, and I’m not going to be happy with ‘just OK.'”

Frost has received criticism from some over his comments. Some pointed out what they felt was irony in Frost’s comments because the coach was wearing a hoodie indoors while commenting on his players wearing hoodies in pregame warmups.

https://larrybrownsports.com/college-football/scott-frost-tough-soft-players-hoodies-warmups/521042

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
it is because the east division has all the best and strong teams , west really sucks they need to send Penn St. and Michigan Sta. to the west

I'm not sure why these bigger conferences don't have a mechanism in place to re-balance divisions every 5 years or so. They never release conference schedule till the year before anyway.

• Winner
Reactions: Lineup

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
You're kind of arguing all over the place and making some of my arguments.

You seem to think that UT and OU will get some special treatment if they join another conference, and I think that is not what would happen.
It didn't happen for Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri or aTm, but these conference will do it for UT or OU is what you are saying.
Have to disagree, once in the conference, and the promises do not happen, are they going to leave their new conference and then join another one?

My point all along has been that UT and OU need to look to what is happening to Nebraska and realize just how good they currently have it in the Big 12.

Reactions: NoCreativity

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
You seem to think that UT and OU will get some special treatment if they join another conference, and I think that is not what would happen.
It didn't happen for Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri or aTm, but these conference will do it for UT or OU is what you are saying.
Have to disagree, once in the conference, and the promises do not happen, are they going to leave their new conference and then join another one?

My point all along has been that UT and OU need to look to what is happening to Nebraska and realize just how good they currently have it in the Big 12.

It's funny you think any of those 4 schools are on the same level as Oklahoma or Texas.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I'm not sure why these bigger conferences don't have a mechanism in place to re-balance divisions every 5 years or so. They never release conference schedule till the year before anyway.

Because they see the imbalance not as a bug, but a feature.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Because they see the imbalance not as a bug, but a feature.
Exactly. They can take one or two run of the mill West teams and, by manipulating their schedules, make them appear much better than they actually are.

• Agree
Reactions: Die4Cy

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
As a fellow wrong side of the Missouri River person, I corrected your statement. Their isn't a living "average UNL fan" who thought they would win less than 8 games, most expected 10-2. Now this point in the season, reality may be setting in. However, come next spring they once again will be planing their trips to bowl games and the B1G championship game?
Nothing about the culture inside the program appears to have changed since he's been there. I've seen nothing that leads me to believe they're gonna take some giant step next year either. Maybe he should just play all the young guys now.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
******** if it is not, the moment that UN left the big 12, they were never going to be given an easy schedule in the Big 10. Look at their schedules the first 4 years, lots of OSU, Mich, Penn. St and MSU, and few games against the weaker teams in the conference.

The Big 10 would look weak if a new team came in and won the title, and they were going to make sure that it did not happen, and if it did, then UN would earn it.

Their first four years in the B1G were 9, 10, 9, and 9 win seasons including wins over MSU and Penn State and Michigan. Pelini was their best bet.

Hell even Mike Riley won 9 games in one season.

That was about what they were doing in the Big 12 prior to leaving and some of their worst losses were in the Big 12 in the early to mid 2000s.

This all goes back to late November 2001 when Nebraska football was changed forever by Colorado. Never been the same since.

BTW I think I read or heard somewhere that Frost refers himself in the 3rd person quite often. Not exactly shocking.

• Funny
Reactions: Acylum

Lineup

Jan 7, 2017
I live in Nebraska and I dont know any Husker fans who have crazy expectations for Forat and the team at this point. And I would guess that I know a very large pool of "average Nebraska fans".
what is a Forat?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
what is a Forat?
Thanks a lot for the visual. In my mind's eye I just pictured Scott Frost in the Borat mankini.

gallery-1511277358-borat-mankini-sacah-baron-cohen.jpg

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Their first four years in the B1G were 9, 10, 9, and 9 win seasons including wins over MSU and Penn State and Michigan. Pelini was their best bet.

Hell even Mike Riley won 9 games in one season.

That was about what they were doing in the Big 12 prior to leaving and some of their worst losses were in the Big 12 in the early to mid 2000s.

This all goes back to late November 2001 when Nebraska football was changed forever by Colorado. Never been the same since.

BTW I think I read or heard somewhere that Frost refers himself in the 3rd person quite often. Not exactly shocking.
The success of those first four years were mostly due to, IMO, recruiting inside the Big12. And #1 NU getting blasted by #15 CU in 2001 was special.