Nebraska’s schedule too difficult for Scott Frost

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I love everything about this story.

Here's a live look at Scott Frost leaving scheduling meetings among Big Ten coaches and AD's:

tenor.gif

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Wow. This paragraph is a hoot!

"From 2017-2021, Frost’s team will only play four of a possible 15 cross-divisional games against Indiana (1), Maryland (1), or Rutgers (2). The other 11 games will either come against Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, or Penn State. Nebraska’s annual interdivisional opponent through 2021 is Ohio State, then shifts to Michigan until 2025."

Even the Hawks didn't get their usual luck of the draw 2017 -2021, looked up for comparison.

5 - Penn State
2 - Ohio State
2 - Michigan State
1 - Michigan

The "Cupcakes"
2 - Maryland
2 - Indiana
1 - Rutgers

Basically 10 and 5 compared to Huskers 11 and 4. Big whoop! They all want Rutgers as their "annual". LOL

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Still laughing that the coach of Nebraska, a self declared national brand and powerhouse, is getting burned for publicly complaining that B1G schedulers treated them as such when building future schedules for TV.

Fact is, Scott Frost sees his team more on par with Indiana and Rutgers in coming seasons than Penn State and OSU. He knows it over, forever. And he just told everyone about it. Incredibly satisfying as a fan of a school in the conference they ditched for the prestige of the Big Ten!

(chuckling to myself again)

L

LincolnWay187

At least Iowa States Golden Boy-returned-coach gave us some wins and good memories during Hoiball. Nebraska is going to end up firing this guy while demanding wins over Clemson.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Nebraska is already in the cupcake division. I guess Frost is hoping to get the Hoks interdivisonal schedule.
This has to be what the b1g higher-ups responded with doesn't it? I mean, what more could you want?

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
There is a niche in the Big Ten West for somebody to build a good program... even a powerhouse. Wisconsin has been on the cusp of it several times now.

But watching those west teams fold like a deck chair whenever they play Ohio State, Michigan, or Penn State in one of their good years, and at least 1/3 if not 2/3 or 3/3 of those guys (and add in Michigan State on occasion) are having good years... it does not fill me with much hope long-term. If there is a path for Nebraska, that is it, though -- a better Wisconsin.

• Agree
Reactions: CycoCyclone