Time to cut out our Busch Light love affair

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
So do we hate outrage/cancel culture or are we too outraged at the DMR to see the irony of what's going on here.
I think we want to cancel the cancel culture used by the DMR (intentionally or not) to cancel Carson King, but now everyone is outraged at the outrage culture that caused A-B to pull away.

• Winner
Reactions: Knownothing

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
You don't think some people could be offended by those tweets? If those people are sending money his way, I think they deserve to know that.
Its not going his way. Its going to a Children's hospital. Stop. Should people also then have the right to know what a raging homophobe and hypocrite the writer was, and the newspaper for letting him write it?

How about you? Can I get your cleared social media background check before I have to take anything you say at its intrinsic value?

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017
You don't think some people could be offended by those tweets? If those people are sending money his way, I think they deserve to know that.

If you were to donate would you be donating to him or to the children's hospital though? Donate to his account and your donation TO THE CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL gets tripled.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Are people actually making credible threats, or is this just another tactic that we have seen the last half decade about trying to keep up your victim narrative? This happens a lot when people are exposed on social media. They then run and claim that people are threatening their lives, when in fact they are simply being called out.

I see a lot of people who celebrated these tactics in political forums outraged at this outcome and I marvel at the lack of self awareness in many posts here.
I don't really know. I'd like to think that if they felt the need to bring in excess security into a building they are renting space in, shared with multiple other businesses and with plenty of Skywalk foot traffic through it on any given day, they probably had some reasonable data back up the security need with... But, I don't know that for sure.

• Agree
Reactions: Halincandenza

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

As someone else pointed out they aren't donating the money to him, he is an intermediary, they are donating to the children's hospital.

If they were donating to him, to help him with something then yes I would agree they could be necessary.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA

What does something he tweeted 8 years ago as a 16 year old kid have anything to do with all the money being raised and donated to a charity? It's not like he's keeping the money so why would those tweets be relevant or newsworthy? It's so pathetic that the DMR even thought for a second any good would come out of bringing those to light.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
What does something he tweeted 8 years ago as a 16 year old kid have anything to do with all the money being raised and donated to a charity? It's not like he's keeping the money so why would those tweets be relevant or newsworthy? It's so pathetic that the DMR even thought for a second any good would come out of bringing those to light.
Well it was a profile on him as a person.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines

So why are more important things....like criminal juvenile records...wiped clean from a person's records when someone becomes an adult?

I think you are totally missing the important not-so-subtle nuance that he was a kid of 16 years old at the time!

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
I don't really know. I'd like to think that if they felt the need to bring in excess security into a building they are renting space in, shared with multiple other businesses and with plenty of Skywalk foot traffic through it on any given day, they probably had some reasonable data back up the security need with... But, I don't know that for sure.

As of now it's the normal building security crew, just a couple more guys on the clock than usual at any given time. & the elevators/stair wells usually only lock after hours, but are currently locked down full-time. Just started today.

I've been downstairs a couple times & haven't noticed any higher foot traffic or anything. When I asked the security guard downstairs if there were any threats or anything, he just said "nothing I can speak about at this time". By the time I got upstairs after that, our admin team had sent out an email about the increased security measures & specifically cited 'Due to threats made against the DSM Register'.

Of course any threats should be reported/investigated, but I'm not exactly in fear for my safety over this. If police/other agencies start to get involved, maybe (or at the very least state my case to work from home..)

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Well it was a profile on him as a person.

As others here have pointed out, would not be shocked if you work for the DMR so I don't really care to hear you keep repeating this same BS line. I guess if someone wants to do a "profile" on me some day they can ask ISU for my transcripts to see that I failed freshman math class just so they have something dirty on me that is completely irrelevant to the story they are doing? If you seriously are defending what the DMR register choose to do you are just as pathetic as the editor and author of that story that made the decision to run it.

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA
Its not going his way. Its going to a Children's hospital. Stop. Should people also then have the right to know what a raging homophobe and hypocrite the writer was, and the newspaper for letting him write it?

How about you? Can I get your cleared social media background check before I have to take anything you say at its intrinsic value?
Some people care about who they are giving their money to. That money is going thru him. You don't see how someone who is African American could care about that? That's not your call to make.
You've already stopped reading by now but I think what Carson did is outstanding! He should be congratulated and celebrated. He seems like a good kid that did an amazing thing.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
As others here have pointed out, would not be shocked if you work for the DMR so I don't really care to hear you keep repeating this same BS line. I guess if someone wants to do a "profile" on me some day they can ask ISU for my transcripts to see that I failed freshman math class just so they have something dirty on me that is completely irrelevant to the story they are doing? If you seriously are defending what the DMR register choose to do you are just as pathetic as the editor and author of that story that made the decision to run it.
Again, it was a profile on him.
Cool. I love you too!

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Some people care about who they are giving their money to. That money is going thru him. You don't see how someone who is African American could care about that? That's not your call to make.
You've already stopped reading by now but I think what Carson did is outstanding! He should be congratulated and celebrated. He seems like a good kid that did an amazing thing.

I agree. Think the kid is awesome and if people actually paid attention to his response to his old tweets they may learn something. People should follow his lead!

• Agree
Reactions: Boxerdaddy

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
I agree. Think the kid is awesome and if people actually paid attention to his response to his old tweets they may learn something. People should follow his lead!

What about this old tweet of his? Did the Register get this one in the story? Seems like if they were interested in profiling and wanted to include the 8 year old tweets, they could have also incorporated this one.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
What about this old tweet of his? Did the Register get this one in the story? Seems like if they were interested in profiling and wanted to include the 8 year old tweets, they could have also incorporated this one.

That’s a great tweet and shows that he grew and learned. Sadly some people don’t.

Reactions: CYdTracked

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
As of now it's the normal building security crew, just a couple more guys on the clock than usual at any given time. & the elevators/stair wells usually only lock after hours, but are currently locked down full-time. Just started today.

I've been downstairs a couple times & haven't noticed any higher foot traffic or anything. When I asked the security guard downstairs if there were any threats or anything, he just said "nothing I can speak about at this time". By the time I got upstairs after that, our admin team had sent out an email about the increased security measures & specifically cited 'Due to threats made against the DSM Register'.

Of course any threats should be reported/investigated, but I'm not exactly in fear for my safety over this. If police/other agencies start to get involved, maybe (or at the very least state my case to work from home..)
Today would be a great day to discuss this topic with your boss. ;)

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron