Beer Money Sign guy donating it all to UI Stead Family Hospital

• Thread starter Deleted member 8507
  • Start date

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
His twitter account says total donation, including matches is now over $750,000.

This may have been asked, but for any tax lawyers/accountants out there. Will he have to report this and pay any taxes on it? Hope not.

No. It goes straight to charity. Sinc ehe didn’t reap any benefits he won’t have to claim it. He actually will probably have to pay taxes on the free beer he gets. Depends on if the irs considers it a a gift. Then again any IRS agents that would mess with that would be lynched.

Also best sign so far. Georgia vs Notre Dame and a guy held up a donate to Manti Teo girlfriends funeral fund

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
Giving the money to help sick kids is awesome. Is the only kids hospital in the state in Iowa City? If that is the case, then great. Otherwise, why not split the money up to help more than one area? I am curious as to how the decision was made. It seems like a Cyclone with Hawkeye parents was told by them that he needs to give the money to UIH. If if was his choice all along, this is a really great story. I don’t know of any charity more worthy than children needing medical help. Nothing else come close. If it were me, I would say the money goes to help sick kids in Iowa period. UIH does not need to named. Maybe there are more donations and more hype this way? Whatever gets the most money for the kids is probably the right move.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
So apparently someone in the media dug up old social media posts from Carson King. He's at the children's hospital reading a statement and apologizing.

• Funny
Reactions: isutrevman

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
I read it was the Register. Really ****** thing of them to do; this isn't news.

I keep reading that too but the Register doesn't have a story up as far as I can tell. KCCI and WHO were hot on the story though.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I read it was the Register. Really ****** thing of them to do; this isn't news.
Someone actually spent time going through his twitter trying to dig up something with the intent to bring him down. Its the most feel good story in the state right now, and someone made it their goal to find some dirt on him. Unbelievable. Somehow the media still can't figure out why no one likes them anymore.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
The good news is the Register is catching hell from a lot of Iowa State and Iowa fans on twitter

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Someone actually spent time going through his twitter trying to dig up something with the intent to bring him down. Its the most feel good story in the state right now, and someone made it their goal to find some dirt on him. Unbelievable. Somehow the media still can't figure out why no one likes them anymore.

Seriously how much of a loser do you have to be to dig through 8 years of tweets to find some dirt on someone that just raises $1M for a children’s hospital? It’s completely pathetic.

KCClone1

Feb 28, 2010
Urbandale
The WHO article didn’t include the tweet so I still don’t know what he said. If he was quoting a Tosh.O episode who cares?

Help Support Us

Become a patron