Beer Money Sign guy donating it all to UI Stead Family Hospital

• Thread starter Deleted member 8507
  • Start date

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Seriously, what happened? Everyone is blaming the register but I only see tweets from WHO and KCCI about it.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
This is just sad.

The wrong kind of people are getting into journalism. This isn't what it's supposed to be.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Randy probably walked up to King with a printed copy of the tweet and asked for 20 big ones in exchange for him not publishing it.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
Lines have been drawn in the sand over the last 10 days. Iowa and ISU fans hate each other more than ever. Then the Register does the unthinkable. They do something so terrible that it actually unites the two fanbases. Thank you Des Moines Register.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Reading King’s statement, I think they may have told King about it, but didn’t publish anything, and then it was reported by KCCI and WHO when he made his statement.
That's how I'm understanding it too.

Believe me, I'm not one to pass up an opportunity to bash the Rag, but I'm wondering if the reporter was trying to do the right thing. Tell Carson before it got printed by someone else.
Maybe he decided it was better to just come clean and not try to "hide" the tweet by deleting it.

• Funny
Reactions: SwirlyBird

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006

Believe me, I'm not one to pass up an opportunity to bash the Rag, but I'm wondering if the reporter was trying to do the right thing. Tell Carson before it got printed by someone else.
Maybe he decided it was better to just come clean and not try to "hide" the tweet by deleting it.

From the sounds of it the reporter did the digging. I hate the register

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I call on everyone to boycott the Des Moines Register. What they did to someone who raised over $1M for sick and dying children was disgraceful. Who knows how many dollars in additional support they've now blocked by digging up dirt on then child

I don't even know yet if it was the Register that dug it up. I can't imagine they would waste time and resources on this.

Just saying there are people out there who would do this and tip off the Register who would be expected to contact King for comment.

A very certain kind of person.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

It’s possible some reporter wanted to make sure the guy wasn’t a Nazi before giving him sainthood, found something a little questionable, and then warned Carson about it.

Now that’s probably about as pro-Register as it gets...

• Agree
Reactions: DSMCy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron