Beer Money Sign guy donating it all to UI Stead Family Hospital

• Thread starter Deleted member 8507
  • Start date

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Can we stop pretending like anyone working in the media today, especially the Des Moines ******* Register, would tip off a kid to delete a tweet?

**** those guys

• Agree
Reactions: DSMCy

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Wow, judge, jury, and executioner right here.

Logic seems simple to me.

IF you tipped off Carson from the kindness of your heart, why would he feel like he needs to make a big public statement and shortly thereafter have Busch back out from their relationship with him?

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I'm feel so sick for Carson. This was such an awesome thing and it has to be ruined because of a struggling newspaper trying to get clicks. If you want to see something funny out of this, keep refreshing the Des Moines Register's Facebook and Twitter pages and watch the follows drop like a rock. Their circulation department is in for a rude awakening when they open for business tomorrow.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Logic seems simple to me.

IF you tipped off Carson from the kindness of your heart, why would he feel like he needs to make a big public statement and shortly thereafter have Busch back out from their relationship with him?

Oh, I’m sure logic seems simple to you.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I'm feel so sick for Carson. This was such an awesome thing and it has to be ruined because of a struggling newspaper trying to get clicks. If you want to see something funny out of this, keep refreshing the Des Moines Register's Facebook and Twitter pages and watch the follows drop like a rock. Their circulation department is in for a rude awakening when they open for business tomorrow.

I think this is what bugs me most. A kid that did something for no other reason than the goodness of his own heart. Just didn't feel right about taking that money and found a worthy cause to donate it to. Absolutely no level of self-promotion involved here.

• Winner
Reactions: skibumspe

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Not sure if she was the reporter but reaka basu is getting destroyed by people on Facebook right now. I probably spelled her name wrong

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
I caved and read the article. I don’t ******* understand it. It’s a puff piece profile on Carson and then all of a sudden they throw in some ******** blindside of his old tweets. It’s like the reporter is trying to make a name for himself with some gotcha journalism.

**** Aaron Calvin is all I have to say about the mud raking piece of ****, and **** the rag. Between him and Randy ******** there’s no reason to support that paper.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
"A routine background check of King's social media revealed two racist jokes, one comparing black mothers to gorillas and another making light of black people killed in the holocaust. The joke tweets date back to 2012, when King was a 16-year-old high school student."

From the Register article in case you're curious which ones it was. Also routine background check of social media? The hell is that?

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
-
Man there's some nasty stuff being said about her. I get people are angry and I am too... but wow. Fred was right. Social media is going to be the end of us.

She did news spots on the CW morning show. Let's just say that shockingly, she would be very anti- ArgentCy and vis versa.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010

Don't feel bad for him. He still did a great thing and the kids are still getting a ton of money. Forget twitter and the DMR. They are just not important.

Maybe he won't get a free year's worth of beer. That would be disappointing.

Reactions: Die4Cy

Help Support Us

Become a patron