Beer Money Sign guy donating it all to UI Stead Family Hospital

• Thread starter Deleted member 8507
  • Start date

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
My niece was born with a club foot ? so my brother spent many weekends driving to iowa city for treatment. She would get upset whenever they drove past kinnick.
We are fortunate to have a facility like this in iowa. When they were getting treatment they were told stories of kids with a club foot who went to iowa city after other places massively screwed up, some beyond repair.
Wow. Haven't heard it called that in a while. talipes?

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
I find it slightly amusing that one Cyclone fan is going to be responsible for giving more to the UI Children's Hospital than ANF actually has generated for farmers. Not that I know the ANF numbers, but as far as I know, it's more about "awareness" than giving back. I do wish that Carson would have given half of that to Blank, which is also a really good children's hospital in DSM.
There are people on Twitter claiming he's actually a Hawk fan. Of course those people are Hawk fans themselves so... And it really doesn't matter.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I wonder what the matches from Busch Light and Venmo mean? I know it is easy to match when it was at $10K, but now that it is getting to $100K, you would think they would put a cap on the match too. This could get to a million. So I'm taking their match with a grain of salt until it is done. Nothing against Busch Light and Venmo either if they decided to only "match" so much of it since now it is getting so much support and has went viral.

I thought the same...but also it's so public now that if they bailed it would look REAL bad. I'm guessing soon they'll put a date on this to wrap it up.

VERY cool story all around...good for him and likely going to go over half a million dollars...that's probably worth him getting something named...or better yet, a Busch Light wing of the hospital, lol.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
It appears Keith Murphy is chatting with Carson often with updates...I'd love a follow up story in a couple months to show this whirlwind week...and also you know he will get some cool stuff (like donated beer, etc).

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
I know we like to diminish it, but the wave is cool and I think it makes a difference.

Sadly, a not-insubstantial portion of the Iowa fan base has used the wave as yet another thing to try to lord over ISU fans. They've managed to turn something good and pure that everyone should rally around into another reason to divide the fan bases. Naturally you're going to have ISU fans responding in kind.

There was a hint of where this was going a couple years back when the wave was still new, and there was a mini-groundswell among Iowa fans online to get ISU to do the wave at its home game during Iowa's bye week. It was obvious even then that this was a bad-faith PR stunt, the obvious subtext being that ISU would look bad if it declined to take up the idea.

Just this week when ISU announced its facilities plan, I read a response tweet that basically said, "this looks nice but I'd rather have the wave." It was nonsensical on a number of levels but it's really gross that someone's first instinct when hearing about completely unrelated ISU news was to invoke the wave.

I would hope there are few Iowa fans that think that way and I realize that social media and message boards probably magnify their reach. But I also understand why some ISU fans wouldn't embrace the wave in the way Iowa fans do.

• Funny
Reactions: Cyclone.TV

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
There are people on Twitter claiming he's actually a Hawk fan. Of course those people are Hawk fans themselves so... And it really doesn't matter.

Unless he cleaned up his twitter, he had a ton of Iowa State things on his feed over the last year or so. That's as far as I scrolled.

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
I looked at his facebook page and his profile pic is of him and a young kid both in hok hats.

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
Damn, it must feel good to be a gangsta....

giphy.gif

Reactions: runbikeswim

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
I looked at his facebook page and his profile pic is of him and a young kid both in hok hats.
On murph and Andy yesterday he was asked what school he was a fan of and he said Iowa state big cyclone fan. I'm not sure why he would lie. I grew up a hawk fan but then went to ISU and the rest is history.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
You really can't tell what the kid is wearing, but if he has family that are Hawk fans sometimes people wear their gear to fit in.
Exactly, my son wears hawk gear because his wife is a fan. My son loves working on cars for fun and not a sports fan at all - happy wife happy life.

Reactions: IASTATE07

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron