Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
They are similar situations, but Naz did not know he wanted to shut it down he honestly thought he could keep playing. His immobility and struggle during the Iowa game showed he couldn't endure the season and wanted to keep his eligibility. Naz did not knowingly go into the season thinking he was going to tough it out, make it to the Iowa game, and then stop.
Georges and Abdel were Seniors and I think he wanted to give it a run with them.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
They are similar situations, but Naz did not know he wanted to shut it down he honestly thought he could keep playing. His immobility and struggle during the Iowa game showed he couldn't endure the season and wanted to keep his eligibility. Naz did not knowingly go into the season thinking he was going to tough it out, make it to the Iowa game, and then stop.
But it’s much different than Pemsl, who knew he wasn’t going to be able to play with his knee, but really didn’t want to miss out on the Iowa State game.

Reactions: CyDude16

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
But it’s much different than Pemsl, who knew he wasn’t going to be able to play with his knee, but really didn’t want to miss out on the Iowa State game.
Definitely. It's even more of a difference in the fact that there was a press release saying he was done for the season and he ended up playing significant minutes only to not play another second the rest of the year.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I'll take a definite over. With two McCafferys on the the roster, it will be double the trouble for the rest of the Big Ten.
I know your post was satire, but next year is going to most likely be rough for Iowa. Losing one of the leading scorers, who has the ball in his hands almost the entire game, and replacing him with brand new freshman / RS freshman. Add onto that they're losing their most athletic post player / player, and their strongest guard. Yikes.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I know your post was satire, but next year is going to most likely be rough for Iowa. Losing one of the leading scorers, who has the ball in his hands almost the entire game, and replacing him with brand new freshman / RS freshman. Add onto that they're losing their most athletic post player / player, and their strongest guard. Yikes.

Yeah but Nunge and CJ Frederick have been dominating, posterizing, and embarrassing their teammates in practice.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Georges and Abdel were Seniors and I think he wanted to give it a run with them.

That season was supposed to be...

Morris
Mitrou-Long
Nader
Niang
McKay
---
Thomas
Burton
Bielfeldt

With that roster, it made perfect sense for Naz to tough it out and go out with Monté, Abdel, Georges, and Jameel as seniors together in one last ride. Considering Monté was planning on going pro, we could have graduated/lost five starters after that season.

Then he couldn't tough it out anymore.

Giving it a fair shot in good faith and then shutting it down because (1.) he was clearly not himself and (2.) Burton was about to become eligible is a far cry from specifically choosing the Iowa game to be your only game or last game of the season.

The lack of Naz and another big man definitely held that team back on depth grounds.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yeah but Nunge and CJ Frederick have been dominating, posterizing, and embarrassing their teammates in practice.
Just like Kareem Abdul Jabbar and the JV team would dominate Bill Walton's Varsity UCLA team is what I'm hearing.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
JSS was a duplicate account of a banned user. (Shocker)

I'm sure we'll see him again. His kind can't resist the temptation. But until then, au revior Shoshanna!

Sure hope he gets the help he needs to break this addiction he has.

giphy.gif

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Can't agree that they're similar situations.

Naz played 8 games and shut it down at the limit which happened to be Iowa, and iirc it wasn't announced until after the Iowa game.

Premsl was reported to be shutting it down, and was inserted into the game for the sole purpose of starting **** with the opponent and selling out to toxify a December basketball game and then went back to being done for the season.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Odds that JBo ONLY plays vs ISU? Seems like that is something that’s happened before on the Iowa side.

Pinnacle for hok MBB players - beat their hated rival and idol in early December. You can tell some of them live for that moment and will sacrifice everything to get there.

Pinnacle for ISU MBB player. Contributing to NBA playoff teams. You can tell some of them live for that moment and belong there.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Can't agree that they're similar situations.

Naz played 8 games and shut it down at the limit which happened to be Iowa, and iirc it wasn't announced until after the Iowa game.

Premsl was reported to be shutting it down, and was inserted into the game for the sole purpose of starting **** with the opponent and selling out to toxify a December basketball game and then went back to being done for the season.
I think we were talking about if JBo would try to test it out next year and end up playing in the Iowa State game it would be a sort of similar situation to what Naz went through. The difference being that Naz did not know he was going to shut himself down at all and knew that after the Iowa game he had to shut it down in order to be able to play the next year. I completely agree Pemsl's situation was different. I believe I stated in another reply that Naz's deal was completely different than Pemsl's. I think you and I are in agreement.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron