*** Official Ohio State Vs #24 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Here's my silver lining for the game:

Although we lost (and deserved to with that crap effort, minus a few players), at least we lost to someone from a power conference. It looks much less embarrassing than K-State losing to UC-Irvine.

Yeah, because losing to an 8-12 team from a Power conference is so much more respectable than losing to a 30-4 upstart with a chip on their shoulder.

Raiders70

Nov 18, 2015
If they make an elite 8 run, then yeah. Otherwise, our wins against top 20 teams and the conference tournament title have to mean something.
Iowa destroyed Iowa State this year. I was at that miserable game. The team that won did not have the most talent they just wanted it more. Hate to say it but Hawks probably did have a more successful season. On paper they overachieved while our team did the exact t opposite.

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
What is so frustrating is we have lost this way multiple times this year and there is no change

Rebounding is the fly in Prohms ointment. His teams are never good at it. Jacobson and Lard average like 8 rebounds put together, so our guards have to rebound and they aren't that much better. Wigginton is probably our best rebounder at 6-2.

If I was Prohm I would rethink our rebounding scheme this offseasons. We lose a lot of games because of it.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Iowa destroyed Iowa State this year. I was at that miserable game. The team that won did not have the most talent they just wanted it more. Hate to say it but Hawks probably did have a more successful season. On paper they overachieved while our team did the exact t opposite.
This is actually fairly logical. Our Big 12 tournament run was impressive though so it’s a wash for me

• Disagree
Reactions: Spanky

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
I was a huge Monte fan from the get go and felt there would be a natural letdown without him. You couldn't design a better steadying presence of a player in a lab.

Need Tyrese to be that guy next year. He's already there in some ways if he would take it to the basket a little more and look for his own shot more.

Shayok is going to be missed, Nixon is going to need to score quite a bit.
There is a difference when you take away the guys that learned Fred’s offense.. and then enter the players that heard prohm go derrrrrr. tonight had nothing to do with not having a monte

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Except everyone won't be back. Shayok and Babb are gone, Shayok being a gigantic piece and Babb being a piece that will be missed on most nights. I love Wiggy and Halli being leaders on this team next year and Lard and MJ being key pieces, but if THT doesn't grow the **** up over the next 6 months he's going to hurt this team more than he helps us.
Pretty obvious that Shayok and Babb aren't back, but if both Wiggy and THT are, we will be very good. THT was frustratingly inconsistent this year, but his growth between being a freshman and a sophomore will be big.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
I Lol’d when the announcer said ‘I wonder what Iowa state is going to do out of this timeout?’ as we threw the ball in coming out of a timeout in the second half.

(A: Nothing. Isu never does anything worthwhile out of a time-out).

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
4 guard lineup might work but hard to do with a power forward at center. No knock on Jacobson. Next season, need more traditional next season with 2 rebounder types in the lineup. Rebounders don't have to be 6-9" either. Ejim or Hogue would have qualified.

Exactly what I was about to post. Fizer was the only real big in the '00 starting lineup but Stevie Johnson played like a bulldog and did dirty work next to him.

• Agree
Reactions: HouClone