*** Official Ohio State Vs #24 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
It's funny - I thought I was going to actively hate the "have fun in Bama" posts, and here I am, not hating them. While I still find them a little dooshy and while I'm not actively calling for a new coach, I'm surprisingly neutral on the idea, which is really unlike me. Perhaps it's because this was a team talented enough to run away with the Big 12 this year, but then February happened. And then tonight happened.
Yea, I hear you. I think there's a "be careful what you wish for" component to this... because I'm not sure we can do better than Steve. Fred was a once in a lifetime perfect fit. Maybe we can strike gold on a mid-major ala Matt Campbell, but I'm not holding my breath.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Except its almost as if our fans haven't watched the tournament before. It is always like this. It's always way more physical than the regular season And the muck it up "they can't call every foul" teams are rewarded. As long as we keep trotting out teams that can't handle physical play it's not going to end well.
Coaching

Reactions: INTENSE_CY

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
The second half of the year it seemed this turned into ME ball. We were sure spoiled by Monte and his leadership/ball control. Babb was a good player for us but he isn’t a PG. last year it was the LW show because we didn’t have anyone else . This year a ton of raw talent and CSP couldn’t figure out how it could come together. The past 3 years the offense operated completely different each year. I like Prohm not calling for him to get fired but he’s gotta be able to design an offense each year to fit the players.

I was a huge Monte fan from the get go and felt there would be a natural letdown without him. You couldn't design a better steadying presence of a player in a lab.

Need Tyrese to be that guy next year. He's already there in some ways if he would take it to the basket a little more and look for his own shot more.

Shayok is going to be missed, Nixon is going to need to score quite a bit.

IndyClone15

Jan 28, 2019
Metropolis
Terrible officiating. 4 messed up fouls that changed the course of the game.

1. The "kicked ball"
2. The "out of bounds" on Shayok
3. Wesson's helicopter blade elbows catching Lard twice on the same play.
4. The phantom 5 seconds on the out of bounds play.

The big ten and its slow playing style can go to hell.

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
They we’re going to win a slugfest. The game was allowed to be played extremely physical. It’s crazy that there was so much body on every play, and couldn’t get a call.

We got nothing from three guys. Shot terrible with some good looks.
True but My 8 year old nephew could of figured out not to let Wesson beat you. I don't care how the refs called the game make him kick the ball out and if they hit threes so be it. Refs were't good but we should have adjusted its not an acceptable excuse. Offensively ride the hot hands get some movement. This was a flawed team I didn't see getting by Sunday but tonight to me is unacceptable. ( I am not trying to say I want Prohm gone btw)

• Creative
Reactions: RRRunotEntertained

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Except its almost as if our fans haven't watched the tournament before. It is always like this. It's always way more physical than the regular season And the muck it up "they can't call every foul" teams are rewarded. As long as we keep trotting out teams that can't handle physical play it's not going to end well.

There is physical play. But you gotta call moving screens, push offs etc.

It’s what it is. Season in a over. Bring on the dark days of cyclone basketball

SwirlyBird

Aug 2, 2015
In my lifetime Orr, Hoiberg, Floyd, and Larry got teams to play fearless. Chip on the shoulder, run and gun, play aggressive by cause we're Iowa State and why the hell not. We ain't Kansas and don't have All-Americans so why not be aggressive and go at them. (Iowa State fans love it, go down swinging if you go down) But with Wayne, Greg and now Steve it's looks like NBA clearout offense without the NBA players. Slow, clam, BS with no fire. If players are hot we can win, if not and the shots don't fall then we have no backup plan. No plays, no fire lit, no clever out of bounds plays to try to get a cheap one. NOTHING. It's all left up to the players and that is not cool. If we had Duke talent let them play pickup ball, but we don't so how about some plays and in game adjustments. Damn
Copy pasta of the decade right here folks

mattyheiden

May 3, 2011
MN
Need great guards to win in the NCAA's but you also need big men inside too. The great teams have all that and ISU doesn't exactly match up well with Ohio State's size. Really didn't have an answer for them. Iowa didn't either. Iowa won earlier in the year in Iowa City but got their doors blown off by them recently. Anyways, the higher the level of basketball, the more physical it gets.

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: 83cy and Bigman38

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
I don't think the refs lost us that game but I counted three no call elbows from their post. Just an ugly game all around. I hate watching Big 10 basketball.
No, refs didn't cost us anything. However, it would have been nice if they wouldn't have called that steal a kick.....or blown the whistle after five arm swings on the out of bounds play. There is no guarantee we score on either. But it sure would have been nice if they would have called it like they should have on those instances.