*** Official Ohio State Vs #24 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
All of these wack jobs acting as if Houston is something special did no one els watch Georgia state get to the rim with ease against those guys they missed tons of bunny’s.. Houston will lose Sunday.
Houston destroyed Ga St and not surprisingly lost a little interest on defense. The game was never in question. They will not lose to OSU. Like UAB in two days OSU will again show that they are a bad basketball team.

• Agree
Reactions: Bigman38 and jctisu

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
15 possesions in a row without scoring. We were doomed after that.
Down 2 at half. Down 2 at 10 minutes, Down 2 at 5 minutes, and lose by same margin. It wasn't in the cards.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Yea, I hear you. I think there's a "be careful what you wish for" component to this... because I'm not sure we can do better than Steve. Fred was a once in a lifetime perfect fit. Maybe we can strike gold on a mid-major ala Matt Campbell, but I'm not holding my breath.

I don't know, really only McD was a disaster in the past few decades.

I'm not "anti-Prohm" but times this year make me really wonder where on the fb side I'd love some sort of fantasy lifetime deal.

Does anyone claiming any more expertise than me know why this late in the season we don't have some way to play MJ and Lard at the same time? or MJ and Conditt even?

It's not like we don't have any skilled big guys to try to bother wesson, we just decided we can only play one at a time?

Next year if we want to play our best players it's very likely going to be Lard, MJ and even Conditt mixed together playing together a lot. So why not this year?

cat named georges

Apr 16, 2017
How sickening is it that I won’t watch anymore tournament games now? Is that normal?
My daughter filled out brackets for the first time this year. After the game she logged on and started talking about her brackets. I had to tell her we don't do brackets after our teams out and to go to bed. I got an eye roll.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Except its almost as if our fans haven't watched the tournament before. It is always like this. It's always way more physical than the regular season And the muck it up "they can't call every foul" teams are rewarded. As long as we keep trotting out teams that can't handle physical play it's not going to end well.

No ITS NOT. Did you watch any other games? Lots of them were called very clean.

• Winner
Reactions: RRRunotEntertained

Cycloneman24

May 15, 2018
When OSU was inbounding with 11 seconds left. The official motioned 5 times. He should have called 5 seconds on the 5th time instead of giving them the time out. Also there is a rule no time outs allowed if the count has reached 4 seconds. Poorly officiated game.

That being said, CSP made no in game adjustments and the team couldn’t muster anything up to take the lead and maintain it. Frustrating game to end the season. Now the Hawks will beat TN and make a run to the elite eight. That’s just how it works.

AttackOfTheClones

Dec 10, 2017
Bushwood, Nebraska
www.youtube.com
thoughts:

~ Was it me, or did Prohm seem disengaged all night? His demeanor and mind seemed in another place other than this game. Thanks DM Register!

~ Shayok....great, yet very little help all night.

~ The other seniors-- Jacobson and Weiler-Babb went out with a whimper.

~ Lard and Wiggington's last game?

~ Ohio State is sooo mediocre. I can't believe we let them muck up this crap into a Big 10 pace. We should of beat this team by 20

~ Lard played well. He had to be gassed

~ Talen? I don't want to call out a young player....but WTF.....He has been amazing mostly all season, and chose this game to be awful

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Game felt a lot like the UAB game to me. Just couldn't ever get over the hump. If everyone is back, this is a Sweet 16 team next year easy.

Except everyone won't be back. Shayok and Babb are gone, Shayok being a gigantic piece and Babb being a piece that will be missed on most nights. I love Wiggy and Halli being leaders on this team next year and Lard and MJ being key pieces, but if THT doesn't grow the **** up over the next 6 months he's going to hurt this team more than he helps us.

SDClone

Oct 3, 2007
Ankeny, Iowa
I don't get why they didn't drive more and attack the rim. Wiggs did a couple times, but with a big guy that tOSU has, you have to try to take him out of the game with him fouling etc.

Reactions: CarterCloneFan

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron