Hoiberg to Huskers

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Honestly, Fred should take a high profile assistant job in the NBA, and then try and come back as a head coach again later. Honestly I don't think he was ready for the NBA coach-wise but kind of regrouping as a high profile assistant might allow him to come back in another handful of years as a coach.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
In my dreams I picture these short, obese, spoiled brat Cornhusker fans from Western West Millard crying and holding their little red helium balloon until Nebraska actually wins a NCAA tournament game.
"No, little Jordan, you can't let go because this is an NIT game. Sorry honey, you still have to hold onto your balloon....Here sweetie, mommy so sorry you have to feel anything sad at all in life. Have another snickers bar and a milkshake from Runza. "

I truly enjoy your posts dirty.
He puts more thought into any one of his posts than I've put into all of mine combined.

• Funny
  • Agree
Reactions: oldman and BCClone

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Honestly, Fred should take a high profile assistant job in the NBA, and then try and come back as a head coach again later. Honestly I don't think he was ready for the NBA coach-wise but kind of regrouping as a high profile assistant might allow him to come back in another handful of years as a coach.

Fred can probably get another head coaching job in the nba if he wants it. The nba goes through coaches like pubescent teenage me went through socks.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Fred can probably get another head coaching job in the nba if he wants it. The nba goes through coaches like pubescent teenage me went through socks.

Right now? I don't know. His last 1.5 seasons in the NBA were pretty bad - a .302 win percentage. Not sure which teams would take him after that. He had better talent in his first 2 seasons, but still couldn't really produce well enough.

• Winner
Reactions: Cat Stevens

Jayshellberg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 4, 2016
Omaha
Fred's maternal grandfather was Jerry Bush. He was NUs coach from 54-63 and had a record of 83-132. Fred spent a lot of time in Lincoln as a kid visiting his mothers family. Nu fans in Omaha have been speculating about getting Fred for several weeks. Not out of the realm of possibility. Remember that everyone thought ISU was a coaching graveyard for football before CMC arrived. Would be strange that both Creighton and NU's coaches were both former ISU coaches.

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
Just my thoughts

It probably was difficult for the Hoiberg family to be in Ames. Not a lot of privacy. High expectations. Everybody knew your family and business

In a places like Chicago or Minneapolis much easier to be anonymous

Lincoln = Ames. Not the places to be if you want to be private

• Agree
Reactions: stinkbaitcatfish

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL

I have no idea how the deal went down, but weather he was ready or not didn't matter with the Bulls. The new coach was worse than Fred, yet they gave him an extension. Fred was a fall guy for the head office of the Bulls. I personally think he has a great basketball mind and is a good coach. He just doesn't have any clue how to choose friends. Gat-Pax used him as an excuse to continue to be ****** and rake in Chicago money. The entire Bulls organization is doing all they can to keep people coming to games while spending as little as possible. It's cheaper to pay off coaching contracts than it is to actually go get real talent in the NBA.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Fred has 2.3 million reasons to fish off the dock of his Minnesota cabin, golf, and drive Carol to get her coffee every morning.

I'm not saying he wouldn't take another college or NBA job, but he isn't going to just take the first thing that comes along, which is what Nebraska would be. I believed him when he complained about recruiting and baby sitting college players. Going back to college now is admitting he's an NBA failure after getting shafted by the Bull's front office. I don't think his stock is that low.

If I'm Fred, I'm waiting to see what NBA opportunities are out there come June, maybe do a little TV work if he gets bored, and only consider college jobs that are the UCLA type.

Reactions: stinkbaitcatfish