Hoiberg to Huskers

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
You know what, there are way worse cities in the world than Lincoln, kNu has a sparkling new basketball facility and Nebraskans aren't bad people (as long as you can keep them off of the subject of Nebbie football). That being said, I don't think there's a chance in heck that Hoiberg will coach there.

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: buchacho and SC Cy

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
You know what, there are way worse cities in the world than Lincoln, kNu has a sparkling new basketball facility and Nebraskans aren't bad people (as long as you can keep them off of the subject of Nebbie football). That being said, I don't think there's a chance in heck that Hoiberg will coach there.

Get. The ****. Out.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
If I'm Fred, I'm waiting to see what NBA opportunities are out there come June, maybe do a little TV work if he gets bored, and only consider college jobs that are the UCLA type.

I can't believe UCLA doesn't throw everything at him, it seems like a perfect fit. That conference sucks and Fred would have the traditional power dominating immediately. Given what he did at ISU talent wise I would expect UCLA to have top five talent within two seasons. You don't have to cheat to get 5* kids to UCLA, it's not Lawrence.

• Winner
Reactions: stinkbaitcatfish

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Get. The ****. Out.
Yes. I should've never said it. It violates the code of ethics on this site and displays a glaring, personal flaw in my character. Time for self-flagellation.
SoftBigheartedKomododragon-max-1mb.gif

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

canker2323

Oct 22, 2006
What Cheer, IA

I agree with you that Lincoln is a horrible town. But, I think there is a very slight chance he would consider the job since he has a lot of family still in Nebraska and close by in Iowa. That would be the only reason he would consider that **** hole over a place like UCLA or Texas.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
I can't believe UCLA doesn't throw everything at him, it seems like a perfect fit. That conference sucks and Fred would have the traditional power dominating immediately. Given what he did at ISU talent wise I would expect UCLA to have top five talent within two seasons. You don't have to cheat to get 5* kids to UCLA, it's not Lawrence.
Yeah, UCLA is the model of ncaa compliance.

tenor.gif

iowast8fan

Aug 3, 2006
Ankeny
I heard “Hoiberg to Nebraska $4 million per year” a couple weeks ago from a confident Nebraska donor and blew it off. Maybe it’s true.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
I agree with you that Lincoln is a horrible town. But, I think there is a very slight chance he would consider the job since he has a lot of family still in Nebraska and close by in Iowa. That would be the only reason he would consider that **** hole over a place like UCLA or Texas.
How is Lincoln, NE any different than Ames, Iowa? Two Midwestern college towns with passionate fan bases situated less than an hour from their state's largest city.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
How is Lincoln, NE any different than Ames, Iowa? Two Midwestern college towns with passionate fan bases situated less than an hour from their state's largest city.

I... don’t think the two are much alike at all. Gut feeling is that Lincoln is more comparable to Des Moines than Ames.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
I have no idea how the deal went down, but weather he was ready or not didn't matter with the Bulls. The new coach was worse than Fred, yet they gave him an extension. Fred was a fall guy for the head office of the Bulls. I personally think he has a great basketball mind and is a good coach. He just doesn't have any clue how to choose friends. Gat-Pax used him as an excuse to continue to be ****** and rake in Chicago money. The entire Bulls organization is doing all they can to keep people coming to games while spending as little as possible. It's cheaper to pay off coaching contracts than it is to actually go get real talent in the NBA.
Agreed. Any nba franchise worth a damn would be able to judge him off what he did with what he was given, which was jack ****.

Jerry Reinsdorf is either loyal to a fault, an idiot, or just doesn’t give a damn, because he gives executives way too much latitude. Other than a couple of years for the White Sox and a couple of years for the Bulls they have been at best mediocre for close to 15 years and the same ****** executives are in place. Even when the Sox moved on from Kenny Williams, they still moved to another position in the organization.

• Agree
Reactions: stinkbaitcatfish

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO

Stuff it already.

There is zero, nada, no similarity between husker fan based and CycloneNation, in any sport.

We are passionate, they are delusional and entitled.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
LIncoln is a **** show.

If it’s true that the family didn’t particularly enjoy living in Ames, then I can’t imagine that they’d like living in Lincoln.

• Dislike
Reactions: TXCyclones