Hoiberg to Huskers

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
I get that Fred was born there but man why in earth would you want to coach there?
The possible openings of Texas, UCLA, Arizona, Syracuse, Arkansas, Minnesota, both Michigan coaches are climbing in age, Duke and UNC are climbing in age, are all way better jobs.

Hoiball would be less of an event than a Greg McDermott team in the same State for crying out loud.
This would be dumber than his last move and that's saying something.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
FWIW I was listening to the Scoop podast with Doogie Wolfson in and he heard that Fred did have some feelers out to Nebby recruits to see their interest in playing for the Huskers. Doesn't mean Fred will go there but covering his bases if he did.

I don't buy it myself, unless NU gives him a huge contract. He could be getting a big offer from Nebby to use to raise other offers for better jobs too.
I think he does want to coach but first preference would be to stay in the NBA but would consider college. Recruiting is the sticky point getting top talent to Nebraska is harder than Ames. I also expect there will be better college jobs opening (like UCLA) which would be easier to get kids.

In the end, I'll root for Fred to succeed if he does come back to college where ever he ends up, other than if they play ISU. Having him at Neb would be better than in the Big 12.

JaCyn

Mar 18, 2017
What if self goes to the bulls? Is Kansas a possibility? It is definitely easy to recruit to kansas.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdways432

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
If he goes to Nebraska that's a slap in the face for him leaving ISU. But I don't really care that much. Honestly, where ever he can go that will reduce the raging hard on that some fans on this site have for him, works for me.

• Dislike
Reactions: CoKane

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron