December Schedule

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I remember the discussion when this year’s schedule came out. As I recall, pretty much everyone approved.

But now I look at the remainder of the December schedule. Following the (first true road) game against Iowa, there’s a bad Southern team tomorrow, an improved Drake next Saturday, and then a bad EIU team the 21st. Assuming I can see correctly today.

That’s it.

What I’m wondering now is, is that the best preparation for a road trip in January to Okie State?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Can't do anything about it.

I think the best way to find out is to play the games.

• Useful
Reactions: CyBobby

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
What this team needs now is games to get returning players integrated into the line up, and experiment with different combinations. Seems like this will be a reasonably good way to do it. We already have a decent but not great SOS, which will get better in the Big 12. The start of the Big 12 will be a trial by fire, but it was always going to be that.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Wigginton, Lard, Weiler-Babb, Young, and Talley can fill the others in about the rigors of life in the Big 12. CSP might have a few things to say about it as well.

Thye'll be ready.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

LivntheCyLife

Nov 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO
There's not many alternatives if you play in a Thanksgiving tournament. The only game you could really move is the Missouri game. My guess is the coaches prefer this with finals and then the ability to catch their breath and put in new stuff in practice after seeing what they need to work on.

Reactions: BoxsterCy

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
This is no different than every other year. The game or 2 before Christmas is almost always sub 250 ranked teams.

Exactly. The Drake game is not going to be in Hilton, so not a road game, but at least not in Ames. The disaster in IC is still fresh on everyone's minds, but there was going to be some bumps in the road with this many new guys playing. Still think there is a lot of talent on this team, and more that will be back soon.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
51MV5emg%2B5L._SX361_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Dingus

May 23, 2013
Meh, I need a couple games to stub hub $8 games to with my boys.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Exactly. The Drake game is not going to be in Hilton, so not a road game, but at least not in Ames. The disaster in IC is still fresh on everyone's minds, but there was going to be some bumps in the road with this many new guys playing. Still think there is a lot of talent on this team, and more that will be back soon.

I hope we get our act together before that Jan Road Trip to Dillwater er StillWater......Of course the Cowboys only draw a couple hunnerd (misspelled on purpose) fans in Iba arena.....

With a little practice and a good game plan we could conceivably win this game...

and remember....GO Cyclones

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Don’t they always schedule terrible teams now because of finals, holidays, etc.

Wished we started the conference at home but we’ll find out a lot starting on the road.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I remember the discussion when this year’s schedule came out. As I recall, pretty much everyone approved.

But now I look at the remainder of the December schedule. Following the (first true road) game against Iowa, there’s a bad Southern team tomorrow, an improved Drake next Saturday, and then a bad EIU team the 21st. Assuming I can see correctly today.

That’s it.

What I’m wondering now is, is that the best preparation for a road trip in January to Okie State?
So, we're playing the Hoks again on the 21st? Didn't know that.

• Informative
Reactions: drmwevr08

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Nine games so far and four against P5 teams and some of you are yakked because we have two directional schools and one historic rival to end the NC? o_O

If only the MBB had scheduled Kentucky and the WBB had scheduled UCONN for Christmas at Hilton. :eek:

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Nine games so far and four against P5 teams and some of you are yakked because we have two directional schools and one historic rival to end the NC? o_O

If only the MBB had scheduled Kentucky and the WBB had scheduled UCONN for Christmas at Hilton. :eek:

Well, we might want Kentucky right now.
But really, this is always a fine schedule for this stretch of games. We did well with the early challenge in Maui, not as well at Iowa, and now we just put it together for conference play. No biggie.

Signed, legendary scheduling complainer #1.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Meh, I need a couple games to stub hub $8 games to with my boys.

I remember going to a game during Tinsley's senior year during Xmas break. Hilton was maybe half full. It was close at half--ISU just didn't play great--and it was so quiet you could hear Larry.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Well, we might want Kentucky right now.
But really, this is always a fine schedule for this stretch of games. We did well with the early challenge in Maui, not as well at Iowa, and now we just put it together for conference play. No biggie.

Signed, legendary scheduling complainer #1.

I usually reserve my scheduling complaints for WBB but this year they have a very good NC with Arkansas, at South Dakota, Auburn, Miami, at Iowa, and Drake. Way better than the usual array of soft cream puffs that are little more than exhibition games.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneErik

Help Support Us

Become a patron