Campbell Raise and Extension Watch

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Last year, Campbell’s raise and extension was announced on November 27th. At that time, he thanked Pollard for allowing him to wait until the end of the regular season to negotiate the deal.

While he signed a new 6 year contract last year, you would have to think that Campbell would be in line for a moderate raise and hopefully (for us) an additional extension.

Or is this something we should only expect every other year just before his contract length drops below 4 years?

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Why would you “have to think that”? As you said, he just got a raise and extension. Let’s see how next season goes. This would be the spot for assistants to get raises.

That doesn’t even mention that announcement of an ambitious new expansion. Unless you’re ponying up, money doesn’t grow on trees.

I also have this odd suspicion that some bonus clauses kicked in for CMC so far this year.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Why would you “have to think that”? As you said, he just got a raise and extension. Let’s see how next season goes. This would be the spot for assistants to get raises.

That doesn’t even mention that announcement of an ambitious new expansion. Unless you’re ponying up, money doesn’t grow on trees.

I also have this odd suspicion that some bonus clauses kicked in for CMC so far this year.

Campbell was given $1 million more for assistants last year too in addition to his raise. I’m not saying there shouldn’t be more this year too. Just pointing out that both were taken care of last year.

And the reason I bring it up is because his salary is still bottom half of Big 12. Kliff Kingsbury and Dana Holgorsen were both ahead of him (right or wrong).

Last edited:

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
I doubt we see anything this year (just an opinion). I think JP will wait until the 4 year thing would be an issue. Ohio St is not a concern any longer so, I think he waits 1 more year

• Funny
Reactions: Walden4Prez

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Hire an offensive coordinator for one thing this off season before you go full on ......

da43355c70ef3bbe354d26ccd0e09e0bd28f3afccb0ec699a8327d07308a590f.jpg

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
No need to extend after last year’s extension.

Ask Matt what he wants (raise, money for assistants, money for facilities, etc) and give it to him. I get the feeling that the relationship between Campbell and JP is more collaborative than most AD-coach relationships.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
No need to extend after last year’s extension.

Ask Matt what he wants (raise, money for assistants, money for facilities, etc) and give it to him. I get the feeling that the relationship between Campbell and JP is more collaborative than most AD-coach relationships.

He needs to be paid at a rate comparable with his success. If he isn't, he needs a raise.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
They should use any money they have available to hire an OC, OL coach, and Special Teams coach.

If you think he's firing the Special Teams guy and the O line guy, you are nuts. He can't hire an OC without a current coach leaving. All spots are full.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: cyputz and tolfbfan

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Campbell was given $1 million more for assistants last year too in addition to his raise. I’m not saying there shouldn’t be more this year too. Just pointing out that both were taken care of last year.

And the reason I bring it up is because his salary is still bottom half of Big 12. Kliff Kingsbury and Dana Holgorsen were both ahead of him (right or wrong).

Those guys were overpaid. Stupid to follow their example. Campbell is well paid. Assistants well paid. Trust Pollard to take care of things. Campbell appreciates Cyclone Nation. That is a consideration as well. I am sure Pollard and Campbell are communicating.

Campbell gets some huge bonuses for achieving wins, bowl games, coach of the year. Factor those in and Campbell is paid very well. See the assistant money rising a bit first.

Last edited:
  • Agree
  • Dislike
Reactions: CyFanAZ and cyputz