Where is Everyone Watching The Game

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
Wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube men?
Wacky_Waving_Inflatable_Arms_Flailing_Tube_Man.jpg

Try that...

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
DJs Dugout on 114th and Dodge in Omaha. I'm not sure when it opens but I'll be there soon after. I'd love to see a bar jam-packed with Cyclone fans!

Thank God nebraska isn't playing at the same time...:arghh:

DJ's opens at 11 am. That's where I plan on watching. I'll have to stop by and verify they get the BTN when I leave work today.

Edit:
I stopped by and they have a sign on the front door saying they will open at 10:30 am Saturday for the game.

Last edited:

FDCy83

May 15, 2008
I live in Fort Dodge, and I know several people here do as well. Where in Fort Dodge should I go to watch the game?

cyclonesince84

Mar 21, 2008
Trying to decided between the Inner Harbor of Baltimore or Cyrstal City VA (basically Washington DC)

Not the answer you were looking for but fits the title of the thread

(aka I need more credits for this weekend... :rolleyes:)

Funny thing is I'll be at Crystal City at 11 AM!!! Haven't been there yet, but I hear the place rocks!! You think there will be a few clones there this far east?

Stumpy

Apr 10, 2006
Tucson, AZ
For one day of the year, I'll be very thankful to be in the middle of Buckeye country. I'll be watching the game on my couch thanks to the Big Ten Network.

cyko42

Feb 7, 2007
Decatur, IL
Is anyone going to be in Central Illinois? Right now I'm just planning on watching from my couch. The wife is going to her sisters bachelorette party in Davenport. So I'm stuck by myself. I don't mind watching the game by myself, its the drinking. I feel bad kind of like an alcoholic, which just leads to more drinking. Its a vicious cycle

SLCyclone

Apr 4, 2006
Vines on Clark in Chicago...

A couple of friends want to taunt the animals at Merkles and Barley Corn but I am going to pass.
I will always have fond memories of my first visit to Merkles. It was three years ago. The week after we slaughtered the Hawks. Mrs. SLCyclone bought me Cubs tickets for Friday and Bears tickets on Sunday. We enjoyed visiting Merckles on Saturday. My "Cyclone Football" hat brought the entire crowd plenty of bad memories of the week before!

SC Cy

Jun 30, 2006
Omaha, NE
twitter.com
DJ's opens at 11 am. That's where I plan on watching. I'll have to stop by and verify they get the BTN when I leave work today.

Edit:
I stopped by and they have a sign on the front door saying they will open at 10:30 am Saturday for the game.

Thanks for the update! I promise you I'll get my share of wings, beer, and yell like I'm at the game. I'm already nervous...

timdcy

Nov 27, 2006
The Gore Range
I was forced into working for someone who took vacation this weekend. Thankfully I have the place to myself and will be spending 3 hours at my computer listening to the game. :no:

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
We'll be in Ames. Anything special set for here?

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
Funny thing is I'll be at Crystal City at 11 AM!!! Haven't been there yet, but I hear the place rocks!! You think there will be a few clones there this far east?

Hmmm leaning towards Crystal City now... atleast I know I won't be alone :rolleyes:

According to the Alumni webpage.... in the Washington DC Alumni Association there are:

Total alumni – 2,633
Total Alumni Association members – 566

Now I assume that covers a bit more than Washington DC...

It is my understanding that Cyrstal City is the traditional game watch location so I imagine a number of people will be there, though the same group is the one setting up the game watch at the ESPN Zone in the Baltimore Inner Harbor (next to the Hard Rock Cafe, part of the old power plant complex there... right by the National Aquirium in Baltimore. Never been inside ESPN zone but the location is great) I'm just not sure how many people are going to either, and given that there is an O's game in Baltimore that night, parking will be a bit pricer probally.

I'm also trying to decide how dressed up I want to get for this... something about riding the Metro or walking through downtown Baltimore wearing a shiney red and gold cape with my face painted seems like an invitation for trouble! :spinny:

On a side note... it takes 3-4 weeks to send out membership stuff for the Alumni Association? :eek:

Last edited:

Irresponsible

Jul 3, 2008
Seattle, WA
The Seattle alumni group will be watching from Jillians in downtown Seattle (complete with their $8 beers). The game starts at 9:00 a.m. here so to get a good head of steam going by gametime, you pretty much need to start on Friday night and run straight through.

It's a fun bar because Texas A&M and Oklahoma also have game watches there (it's a big bar). Oddly, their fans are pretty cool.

There were 75 ISU fans at our game watch last year. The only problem was some people married poorly so they had to bring their Hawkeye spouses. Giving them the beat-down was pretty sweet, but I'd rather watch the game without potential confrontation.

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
My daughter and two of her friends are hanging out at The Other Place in Overland Park. Anybody headed that direction? Sounds like it's a little Hawk-heavy and they could use all the Cyclone fans they can get. One thing I do know, none of these three will take any **** from mouthy Hawk fans.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron