RECRUITING: Prentiss Nixon and Matt Mooney updates (4/12/18)

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Yup. Conference affiliation aside, Loyola is probably a preseason top 25 team next year especially if they land somebody like this kid to step into Richardson's role. I suppose if he wants to be on tv more the Valley isn't the place for him. But if he's looking to win a lot his senior year, Loyola would be a good bet and they might even be good enough that they don't have to worry about the Valley being a one bid league if they get upset in the conference tourney.

He's not playing next year, not sure what Loyola will look like the year he's eligible

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Glad to see we're not giving up on Mooney yet. Even tho it appeared he had mentioned several teams he was considering and we weren't one of them. Guessing we will know after today if that ship has sailed or not.

Would a recruit mention someone as under consideration when that team hasn't even made it clear that they have a spot yet? I don't think so, in most cases.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
He's not playing next year, not sure what Loyola will look like the year he's eligible

Oh, I thought he was a grad transfer. You can pretty much disregard what I said, then. Not to say Loyola can't sustain a measure of success but my statement was definitely geared toward next year.

• Useful
Reactions: HitItHard58

JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
Sounds like everything went well with Mooney today. He is hoping to cut his list to three in the near future and I think Iowa State feels they're in a good spot to make that cut. Should know more about the potential for a visit after he cuts to three.

Nobody was able to make it out to Ft. Collins to see Nixon due to the crappy weather across the Midwest. Hearing they plan to reschedule though. Should know more sometime later this weekend.

Obviously things are still pretty fluid right now with both situations.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Sounds like everything went well with Mooney today. He is hoping to cut his list to three in the near future and I think Iowa State feels they're in a good spot to make that cut. Should know more about the potential for a visit after he cuts to three.

Nobody was able to make it out to Ft. Collins to see Nixon due to the crappy weather across the Midwest. Hearing they plan to reschedule though. Should know more sometime later this weekend.

Well, count me in as at least one fan who is excited we could be in the hunt yet for Mooney. Guess when you see a guy play several times, the type of player you would like to see on your own team, makes one think that. Don't be misled, tho, I won't set my hopes so high that I'll be crushed if it doesn't work out. I get he'll have to see a best fit scenario for himself, and what our coaches say or do may have little bearing on that. Plus the competition will be stiff.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

Interesting... I have been tempering my expectations about Mooney's potential as a Cyclone up to this point but the staff already having 2 positive visits I'm allowing them to raise. Pretty promising that he is ready to cut his list to 3 and ISU is in the mix, especially considering the list of schools he mentioned earlier this week.

JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
Well, count me in as at least one fan who is excited we could be in the hunt yet for Mooney. Guess when you see a guy play several times, the type of player you would like to see on your own team, makes one think that. Don't be misled, tho, I won't set my hopes so high that I'll be crushed if it doesn't work out. I get he'll have to see a best fit scenario for himself, and what our coaches say or do may have little bearing on that. Plus the competition will be stiff.

I'll say I personally believe Iowa State is in a considerably better position following today's visit than they were going in.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Interesting... I have been tempering my expectations about Mooney's potential as a Cyclone up to this point but the staff already having 2 positive visits I'm allowing them to raise. Pretty promising that he is ready to cut his list to 3 and ISU is in the mix, especially considering the list of schools he mentioned earlier this week.

Keep tempering....cuz 'in the mix' is still a ways from a final 3 cut, an official visit, muchless choosing ISU. But I hear ya.....

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
I'll say I personally believe Iowa State is in a considerably better position following today's visit than they were going in.

Great news! Could be one of the best backcourts in recent memory. Right up there with Morris, Thomas, Long, Jackson. Only difference is well have some big time talent in the frontcourt to go with it.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006

Good news.
Have you heard if they are trying to set up a visit with Teague?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron