*** Official Oklahoma Vs IOWA STATE Gameday Thread ***

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Feel free to keep repeating this for those who feel we need to play 10+ guys in a game.
8 is just so normal for good teams, anyway. It works just fine.

8 is absolutely fine as long as it's the right 8.

Having only 8 to choose from if they're not complimentary gets dicey.

But yeah, playing 10 just to have everybody that plays be 'fresh' is overrated. Apparently it's a good way to get a contract extension while sucking though?

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
No way that happens with the injuries and a freshman point guard. Every win pumps this optimism, just to be crushed in the next game. :cool:

GTFO out of this thread. You can't stand Prohm anyway and refuse to give him any credit, so don't post in this thread since you don't deserve to celebrate this win alongside the true ISU fans.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
8-10 in the conference probably puts us on the wrong side of the bubble. That would be an incredible finish, but probably about a 1% chance of happening. Maybe less.

• Disagree
Reactions: flycy

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Greenberg on ESPN just predicted 8 from the Big 12. A strong finish could do it.

This team is too up and down (understandably) for me to think about the tourney. They high is REALLY high but their low is woofsville.

I didn't catch today's game but I'm still excited to have the season be interesting by mid-February. It didn't have to be that way.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
This was before my time, but for the lifers on here, does this season feel like what it was probably like back in the Johnny Orr days at times?

Great at home, but can't seem to put it together on the road?

Fun, uptempo, break-oriented style, but iffy on defense?

Lots of dunks and threes getting launched?

Fun but frustrating to watch at times given the lack of consistency?

Raywswartz

KC Chief
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 17, 2006
Hard to say, but there is an extremely fine line between the bubble and making the NIT. Doesn’t help that regular season conf champs take up a chunk of spots that didn’t win conf tourney and min majors with good records. NIT doesn’t look at resume quite like the NCAA tournament does.
just win the big 12 tourney like normal.

FredCyclone

Sep 30, 2017
GTFO out of this thread. You can't stand Prohm anyway and refuse to give him any credit, so don't post in this thread since you don't deserve to celebrate this win alongside the true ISU fans.

Kool Aid drinking is back after every win.:) The same msgs after Tech win, WVU win,.......

I like Prohm, nice guy, just not great as some people claim he is.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
This was before my time, but for the lifers on here, does this season feel like what it was probably like back in the Johnny Orr days at times?

Great at home, but can't seem to put it together on the road?

Fun, uptempo, break-oriented style, but iffy on defense?

Lots of dunks and threes getting launched?

Fun but frustrating to watch at times given the lack of consistency?

Yes remember a lot of Johnny's teams being like that.

• Agree
Reactions: flycy

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
It is pretty impressive that the last place team in the Big 12 has four conference wins after 12 games. There really are no gimmies.

Of the other major conferences:

ACC
Pitt 0-12
Wake 2-10

Big Ten
Rutgers 2-11
Illinois 2-10
Minnesota 3-11
Iowa LOL 3-10

Pac 12
Washington State 1-10
Cal 2-10